New [mi9] 9.9.27 v2

Nuno Rocha

Members
Mar 19, 2014
Hello, I have flashed the 9.9.27 v2 (dirty flash from 9.9.26) on my mi9 and the update is broken. The WiFi Mac address sets to 02:00:00:00:00, I lost WiFi and the phone is rebooting all the time. Had to flash 9.9.26 again.
Main thread is locked so I opened this thread to warn the mi9 users about the issues I had.

still not really working.

(9.9.27 reupload image)
(C4BFEACCF58CDF2C61C79E9BA0C4B1E7)

after first boot touch is not working, neeed to reboot,
second reboot touch is working, I can login with pin,
then there is a "One Moment" Message and nothing happens.

and again... Mi9 does reboot every minute

still not really working.

after first boot touch is not working, neeed to reboot,
second reboot touch is working, I can login with pin,
then there is a "One Moment" Message and nothing happens.

and again... Mi9 does reboot every minute

Yup, same issue here

I have no time now for more testing

if anyone needs the "persist.img" for Mi9 (cepheus V10.2.13.0.PFAMIXM_20190709)

(Unzip the zip file)

I'm having reboots too. Durent the short time I can use the phone I see Google is not working at all.

You guys cleanflashed 26?

Last edited:
I think it is always better to do:

- copy rom to phone
- boot twrp
- wipe: advanced wipe, and wipe "cache"/"cache dalvik" and "system" (your data and apps are kept)
- go back to main menu (do not reboot)
- install and install the rom.zip

but for now, we have to wait for a working 9.9.27

as I said a few posts before, it is not possible, you cant change the usb mode in the dropdown menu.

Last edited:
Working fine on my mi 9 after a clean flash. I flashed first the persist.img from latest global stable via twrp.

Working fine here too, no reboots nor wifi problems after dirty flashing the reuploaded zip over 9.9.26. Maybe I should note that I wiped cache and dalvik.
Actually there is one problem, the compass keeps increasing the value (~1º per second, like the North is moving lol). On Aida64 I can see that actually the azimuth value keeps going up, cycling; magnetometer info seems to be ok. I don't know if I should post this issue as a new topic, sorry if I did it wrong.

Dirty Flash 9.9.27 over 9.9.26, wiped cache/dalvik after install.
I still can't select Google Assistant as default Voice Assitant to use with the AI button, but since i use Mi Ai i don't really mind.
Everything else seems to be working fine.

as I said a few posts before, it is not possible, you cant change the usb mode in the dropdown menu.

I can't try it now, but maybe we can use matlog to log everything thats going on without usb. Can it be related to Google? After flashing the update nothing related to google was working: AI button, search widget (lawnchair), Gboard's google search... Only the Google app.

Also cant even download files, phone tells me there is no SD.

Last edited:
My mi9 has repeatedly forwarded when I tried to clone WhatsApp. In addition to not working the app clone the mobile phone has rebooted several times. I deactivated the clone and estabelized.
The biggest bug I've encountered is during a call the light never clears.