New Mi9 Android Auto Connectivity 20.1.2/4

Sumarious

Members
Jul 1, 2019
Android Auto is not getting updated correctly. Maps are freezing requiring you to change screens to get updated locations, and Spotify album information is not changing either. Phone becomes unstable when and will often lock up requiring a hard reboot upon disconnect from Android Auto.

I think the problem is lockscreen related. Please can someone try to connect the phone to car with screen turned on and unlocked? AA worked fine during my evening ride.

Reactions: extpumajl
I think the problem is lockscreen related. Please can someone try to connect the phone to car with screen turned on and unlocked? AA worked fine during my evening ride.
I tried as you said. Everything ok until the phone is locked. After locking, it goes crazy.

Reactions: Goyesays
Thanks. Shall try that. Phone is very slow and even reboot by itself

I have deleted the android auto cache. After that I connected my phone and it was fine the whole way home.

Reactions: Goyesays
Before my today's trip i have disabled AOD. Everything worked fine even with locked phone.

edit: One of the users on czech MIUI forum also confirmed that AA works fine with AOD turned off.

Last edited:
Before my today's trip i have disabled AOD. Everything worked fine even with locked phone.

edit: One of the users on czech MIUI forum also confirmed that AA works fine with AOD turned off.

Yes, Android Auto does not freeze after a short time anymore with AOD off, although on a 1 hour drive, the phone got stuck twice and had to be rebooted.

Updated to 20.1.9. No improvement. Shall try with aod off. Tried with screen unlocked but it locks after the max 10mins.there's no setting to keep it on

I was driving for about 500 km during the weekend with AA.
  • AOD disabled,
  • Animated notification effect disabled
  • Fingerprint enabled
I had no issues. Only once my phone freezed during disconnecting from car.

On friday I have updated my phone to 20.1.9

I was driving for about 500 km during the weekend with AA.
  • AOD disabled,
  • Animated notification effect disabled
  • Fingerprint enabled
I had no issues. Only once my phone freezed during disconnecting from car.

The key is to disable aod.

Only once my phone freezed during disconnecting from car.

Yup, seems like AOD is causing it, although I also have the freezing issue on disconnect every time still. So I still consider it somewhat broken... I have reverted to an older version now because I need AA to be stable. Please report back if it gets fixed in a future version!

Yup, seems like AOD is causing it, although I also have the freezing issue on disconnect every time still. So I still consider it somewhat broken... I have reverted to an older version now because I need AA to be stable. Please report back if it gets fixed in a future version!
A new version just dropped today. Will try it later if it fixes the issue

Issue with Mi8 as well.
Additionally a scaling issue with the latest miui fw from yesterday...
No AOD activated...

Guys, solution is simple. In developer options, disable HW overlay, replug android auto and all works even with aod enabled. Only "issue" is after you unplug the cable first fingerprint don't work, so you need to unlock with pin/password and next fingerprint return to work! Enjoy!

Redmi K20 Pro

IMG_20200117_161055.jpg

Mi 8 with 20.1.16.
Flashed the old 20.1.9 and everything shows fine, not scaling issue