MI9 display overclock to 84Hz

Nuno Rocha

Members
Mar 19, 2014
Hello friends,

Today I have found an article in both Chinese miui for and XDA about overclocking the display from 60Hz to 84Hz in the MI9.

It's really simple and so far, so good. This things gets really but really smooth and I tried a couple of games, it's just beautifuly smooth.

I won't share any file here this just Google mi9 display overclock and there is some good threads.

I'm loving and I bet you will love too.

Regards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-27-19-15-05-266_com.finalwire.aida64.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-06-27-19-15-05-266_com.finalwire.aida64.jpg
    526 KB · Views: 1,001
Reactions: Mali2
I try to flash it on xiaomi.eu 9.6.27 but no changes.
I have information that flash wad DONE but after reboot no changes still 60 Hz.

Here is a link to my cloud where I have tho stock and OC files.

I try to flash it on xiaomi.eu 9.6.27 but no changes.
I have information that flash wad DONE but after reboot no changes still 60 Hz.

Try to mount systempartition in twrp,
than flash the dtbo.img in twrp
and after that unmount systempartition.
Boot in system.
Lanthanum isnt nessecary.

Reactions: zoltan78
I'm using Mi 9 in Pixel Experience Rom. Will that work?

Gửi từ MI 9 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Just a note to all those who force the device to use a higher refresh rate: expect a lower battery life.
Can confirm, thats the reason, i'm going back to the original. I dont use phone for games.
By daily use (social, mails, telegram, browse ...) i can't feel a big difference.

Can confirm, thats the reason, i'm going back to the original. I dont use phone for games.
By daily use (social, mails, telegram, browse ...) i can't feel a big difference.
Of course, it strains the display to refresh faster than designed, abusing both the display and the battery.
And there's no telling how this hack would affect the lifespan of the display in the long run.

Reactions: Mali2
Of course, it strains the display to refresh faster than designed, abusing both the display and the battery.
And there's no telling how this hack would affect the lifespan of the display in the long run.
I don't think it's that much noticable of a difference to even bother.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk