New Mi9 SE - Proximity sensor works (almost) only in landscape mode

Pukos

Members
Jun 22, 2013
On Mi9 SE the proximity sensor works (almost) only in landscape mode. In portrait mode the sensor works 5% of times, in landscape 100% of times. SEE VIDEO

Version affected: Version 9.5.23 and at least the two previous weekly
How to reproduce: Try to make a call or go in "test mode". Try cover the sensor in portrait mode, than in landscape mode.
How to activate "Test Mode": Settings -> My Device -> All specs. Taps 5 times on "Kernel version"

Video proof:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This bug affect every app use the sensor: Call, whatsapp, Telegram...

Please confirm this bug.

I also confirm this extremely annoying bug.
Sometimes it happens that while listening to a message in whatsapp, listening stops because of the sensor.

Reactions: nzvjnm
Time is ticking away, but this annoying bug still persists.
try this way.
click on settings, then go to phone info, all specifications, and click on kernel version until the engineer menu opens.
then click on the three dots at the top right and then on the item tools.
the menu to calibrate the sensors will open, then calibrate the gyro sensor on a flat surface.
it seems to me that it is going better, it is as if some terminals had the defective gyroscope that cannot recognize the flat surfaces.

I had a similar problem on Mi 9. Try use these apps. It solved the problem for me, also I calibrated the proximity sensor on 7dB and works for me.

I have the same problem. I have the mi 9se and it is under warranty. Xiaomi should fix it as soon as possible

Hello guys, same problem here in my Mi9 SE, any news? My phone is Mi9 SE. with MIUI 10.3.4.0 stable global
My case is strange, my sensor was working perfectly, untill... the last update, an android security patch from August 2019, after this update, I notice the failures in this sensor, I tried calibrating it with the CIT app, but never change from 5.0.
But the strange case is after somes reebotings, in the CIT app doesnt change the value, but the sensor works in whatsapp audios and in calls... the screen goes off/on well... I dont understand but I m sure is a software, driver problem.
Some solution for this? thanks guys

I am with the same problem. Its is very strange. Only in landscape mode it sometimes works. Audio whatsapp stops.