Migration App suggestion like Mi Mover but also working for app data

tokad

Members
Mar 12, 2018
Hi,

Mi Mover is nice and works. But it does not move app data. Is their a "non root" way? Or do I have to root the phone, backup with Swift or Titanium Backup and unroot afterwards? Is there no comfortable way to migrate from one MIUI phone to another for Average Joe?

Greetings from Austria

Reactions: sami_b
I don't know any application which support to move application data without root acces. Application data are restricted folders/files.

Hi! I am about to move from Xiaomi 11pro to 11Ultra (got new one with 12GB/512GB for 420 EUR).No root and both with MIUI14/Android 13.

My options are:
- MiMover
- Backup to computer (via MIUI settings) and restore from computer on the new phone
- Google Drive Backup and restore

Backup and restore app data is limited anyways to root, I dont have root and thats fine for me.

Its more about MIUI settings, homescreen, battery settings, automatic tasks (e.g. unmute phone when connecting to home wifi)...

What is the best way to backup and restore data when switching to new phone?

Hi,

Mi Mover is nice and works. But it does not move app data. Is their a "non root" way? Or do I have to root the phone, backup with Swift or Titanium Backup and unroot afterwards? Is there no comfortable way to migrate from one MIUI phone to another for Average Joe?

Greetings from Austria
unfortunately, mi mover doesn't transfer app data between miui phones. a non-root solution for migrating app data directly is limited. you can try using third-party apps like swift or titanium backup, but they may require rooting, as you mentioned... if you want to know additional information go here and feel free to ask questions

Last edited: