Mijia Visual Temperature Sensor To Mijia Hub 2

davidman1984

Members
Apr 18, 2018
Hi. I bought mijia temperature sensor Screenshot_2.png and mijia control hub 2 Screenshot_1.png. I can not connect sensor to hub (sensor to phone application mihome connects normally). I have only these devices in "add device" tab UTB8rWGjxVfFXKJk43Ot760IPFXaj.png UTB8ewigx4HEXKJk43Je761eeXXaL.png . I tried to choose other types of sensors but with no luck. Can anyone help me with this?

Hello friend just change the server with chinese one and it will shows :) That is the only way to use.

Hello friend just change the server with chinese one and it will shows :) That is the only way to use.
the problem with changing server that language switch to chinese, the interface of the app changes a little, and all the devices are canceled from MI App and I have to restore them again!
Why this setting? It looks like a different app!
Why has to matter which server I connect to?

the problem with changing server that language switch to chinese, the interface of the app changes a little, and all the devices are canceled from MI App and I have to restore them again!
Why? because each geographic server location holds a different configuration profile depending on which devices in that region are supported. It is by design to work this way.

Friend most of as used chines server and there no problem I used аlso and the language stayed in English.
Check with attention, there have a settings and you can change it.
Onother thing is if you wont to connect to gateway you need to turn phone bluetooth and you will find it.

Best regards :)

Thank you for your help, I solved by switching to "US (Asia Server)" which supports all my devices and keep the interface friendly according to a western point of view.

What I learned is that the data, about my house and devices is stored separately on each server, and if you switch server you lose your settings and historical data.

Xiaomi is still the best brand, by far, among all the Chinese ones, but has not yet the strategic thinking and customer satisfaction that Apple or Google can offer.

For example:
Why not retain all the data in a central server? Data is gold. Moreover if data is lost, the Client has no incentive to stay with your ecosystem.
You have a jump start and a first mover competitive advantage on home automation: if you don't create a standard, the products are not interoperable, and Client are not valued, you will lose your position quickly.
Why not all the products are compatible with each other? Internet is full of Clients lost because they do not know which gateway to pair with or to buy.
Why support only certain products in certain countries? A Client can buy this product in my country and then discover that is not supported. That is not a good customer experience.

I don't want to be critic, I just hope that Xiaomi correct its way and grows.
At least in my country, Xiaomi would have the potential to become the leader, for smartphone and home automation, if only...

Completely agree with you.
I use mainland China but I would love to use the European server, less lag. Doing it I will probably lose my data and maybe a few sensors that are not compatible with the European server?
Grow as a company and make things more clear for us Europeans.
Thanks.

What I learned is that the data, about my house and devices is stored separately on each server, and if you switch server you lose your settings and historical data.

You need to learn about data governance laws then :) normal by design as each location has different legal requirements concerning data storage, in addition some devices are NOT compatible for some regions.

Xiaomi is still the best brand, by far, among all the Chinese ones, but has not yet the strategic thinking and customer satisfaction that Apple or Google can offer.

Again, you are correct but their focus thus far has not been European regions until recently.

For example:
Why not retain all the data in a central server? Data is gold. Moreover if data is lost, the Client has no incentive to stay with your ecosystem.

Data governance as already mentioned, equally, some of the devices you may own are not strictly compatible with your region.

You have a jump start and a first mover competitive advantage on home automation: if you don't create a standard, the products are not interoperable, and Client are not valued, you will lose your position quickly.

Products are interoperable, again it comes down to which product devices you have and wether or not they are compatible for your country or not.

Why not all the products are compatible with each other? Internet is full of Clients lost because they do not know which gateway to pair with or to buy.

Such as which devices? again its likely down to the issue of you purchased products NOT READY for your market. If they are designed for your market the information would be available. That's the risk you take when you buy products from third party sellers.

Why support only certain products in certain countries? A Client can buy this product in my country and then discover that is not supported. That is not a good customer experience.

Because Asian market, specifically China is still the core market for Xiaomi, if you buy these devices then its your responsibility to check they can work before you purchase them, this is not a product issue of Xiaomi, but merely the side effect of purchasing from the Grey market traders.

I don't want to be critic, I just hope that Xiaomi correct its way and grows.
At least in my country, Xiaomi would have the potential to become the leader, for smartphone and home automation, if only...

See comments above, it will clear those criticisms up!

Completely agree with you.
I use mainland China but I would love to use the European server, less lag. Doing it I will probably lose my data and maybe a few sensors that are not compatible with the European server?
Grow as a company and make things more clear for us Europeans.
Thanks.
Blame the unauthorised traders for selling you incompatible devices.

Reactions: Zerui
A scarification: Can the sensor connect with Hub directly? Or you need a bluetooth gateway like the lamp mentioned above (provided that you have used the correct server, etc)?