MiMail - I've received this e-mail from Google

LimaRomeo79

Members
May 5, 2019
" Hi,
Although you don't need to do anything, we wanted to let you know that the following apps may no longer be able to access some data in your Google Account, including your Gmail content. If these apps are unable to meet the deadline to comply with our updated data policy requirements, they'll lose access to your Account starting July 15th, 2019.
MiMail
We are making this change as part of ongoing efforts to make sure your data is protected and private.
You can always view, manage and remove apps you've given access to your account by visiting your Google Account.
Thanks, The Google Accounts team"

Should I wait for a MiMail update or install another email application?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-25-21-07-54-013_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-06-25-21-07-54-013_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 2,470
Got the same message here.
I'm not sure why you're asking us that question, it's a question for Xiaomi to answer.
That been said, the fact that Global ROM doesn't include the MIUI Mail app (which we patch to be more international-friendly) but instead includes the Gmail app, got me considering whether we should dump the substandard MIUI Mail app and replace it with Gmail, as in Global ROMs.
I'll need the community's opinion regarding this matter, so I'll sticky this until a decision is made.

Got the same message here.
I'm not sure why you're asking us that question, it's a question for Xiaomi to answer.
That been said, the fact that Global ROM doesn't include the MIUI Mail app (which we patch to be more international-friendly) but instead includes the Gmail app, got me considering whether we should dump the substandard MIUI Mail app and replace it with Gmail, as in Global ROMs.
I'll need the community's opinion regarding this matter, so I'll sticky this until a decision is made.
I like the Miui Mail app and I use it for my work accounts and hotmail and don't have any problems.
I think you should keep it, because if want you can install gmail app from playstore but you don't have the Miui Mail.
One vote to maintain the Miui Maill app

Replace it with Gmail, security shouldn't be short changed for the Mi Mail APP. That's my input for this :)

I do not use Mi Mail, but have been testing FairEmail in one of my devices, and received the same message from Google.

Here is the FairEmail developers FAQ about this problem:

(111) Can you add OAuth authentication?

(X)OAuth authentication, formerly available as Select account for Google accounts, requires creating an online (Google, Microsoft, etc) app, which would make authentication for many people dependent on one (developer) account, which is a bad idea.

Google requires requesting special permission for the online app and has appeared to be unreliable in granting this permission. When requested permission for FairEmail, the request was denied with the remark that send permission would be enough, ... right. An appeal was completely ignored, which is unfortunately typical for Google. Also, Google requires a yearly security assessment which will cost between $15,000 and $75,000. This is how you exclude independent developers ...

Got the same message. I hope Xiaomi will fix the issue because I like the Mi Mail App and I think it should be kept in the multilang roms.

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4X utilizzando Tapatalk