MiPAD - 3G USB Modem - SUCCEED

Requirements:
1. rooted Mipad
2. OTG cable
3. 3G USB Modem. Probably it will work with most of them, mine is Huawei E3131

Steps:
1. install PPP Widget from play store
2. convert it to system app with Titanium Backup or any other method. Example: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.systemappmover and restart the tablet.
3. place the PPP widget on the widget screen
4. click configre and put your APN , user and pass and PIN(I removed my pin from the ism card, but it should work also if tha sim card is pin locked and you put it in the settings) if provider require it.
5. Disable every setting from the configure screen. and go back to the home screen
6. Disable the WiFI
7. Connect the modem to the OTG cable, and the cable to the pad.
8. Wait around 10 seconds
9. Touch the icon of the PP Widget , your modem should appear. In a few second you will have to choose it again.
10. Press "connect" on the PPP widget. The status should get "Connected"

Now you probably dont have internet when you open the browser. that means the DNS problem exist.

Fix:
1. Disconenct the modem
2. Turn on the WifI
3. Connect to any WiFi network
4. On the Wifi Settings screen on the MiPAD pres the little arrow on the currently connected network and change the IP to Static. Most of the info should be entered automatically.
5. Delete the first DNS and enter 8.8.8.8
6. press OK on the top right
7. Disable and Enable the WiFi
Go to step 6 from the first part of the guide, follow to the end and you should have internet now.

If some smart person helps how to find a better workaround of the DNS problem please help!

Thanks a lot for this tutorial .

Unfortunately didn't work for me. I tried all the steps but in step 9 PPP Widget detect modem but it ask for it again and again in constant loop and there's no way to connect. Any clue why this happens ? Thanks .

No idea, what is the modem? did you disable all other settings in the configure screen? Which rom do you use?

Yes I disabled all other settings. I tried 3 different modems :

ZTE K3765-Z

Huawei E1550

Huawei K4505

Could be that happens cause all 3 modems are locked to a unique phone provider and Im using a sim card from another phone provider ?
ROM I am using is 4.4.2 KOT49H
Kernel: 3.10.24-g4ca0b8e

Last edited:
dont know.. does it have a pin on the sim cards? I removed mine.. Tomorrow night i will try with K4505 , firend of mine has it. Are you on the multilanguage rom?

dont know.. does it have a pin on the sim cards? I removed mine.. Tomorrow night i will try with K4505 , firend of mine has it. Are you on the multilanguage rom?

Yes I'm using the multilanguage ROM of Xiaomi.eu

Alright will try to check if I have modem locked. Any clue to if there is a program that can tell you if modem is locked or not ? Thanks .

Just happened the same thing like you, asking me to choose it over and over again but simple restart fixed it...

Yes I'm using the multilanguage ROM of Xiaomi.eu

Alright will try to check if I have modem locked. Any clue to if there is a program that can tell you if modem is locked or not ? Thanks .
I think your modems are locked, try unlocking it.

You are the man Zorvalth !! It worked for me at last !! Once the modem unlocked it has been very easy to do. I had the DNS problem but following the steps explained now connecting perfectly using a ZTE K3765 Z modem.
Also tried with a Huawei E1550 and has been also detected and working fine.

Now this tablet definately is much more complete. Thank you very much Zorvalth !

With this model connection is possible to download apps from Google Play for example as well as browsing the web ?

Browsing work fine but for example when I try to download an app from Google Play is not able to download. And for example when I open youtube it doesn't detect the connection when opening youtube app but using the browser is possible to watch youtube videos perfectly.

Last edited:
Zurvalths Tut is great but Only the Browser works... The System tells there is no Internet connection. The Browser will work but not Apps from Play store. And Showing connection as WiFi is broken on Miui (thanks xiaomi...)

Here is my Solution to this Problem:

Get PPP widget ( In my Case it works without making it a system app)
Enter your APN settings
You have to disable all notifies and set the Modem Port to manual (ttyUSB0) works pretty often) the only check marks should be on Sim Pin and manual port no other checks or it will not work
Install xposed framework
Get this module : http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.lemonsqueeze.fakewificonnection
Connect your dongle to the internet through PPP
Open fake WiFi app and select all apps you want to use over 3g

This also fixed the DNS bug for me..

Enjoy your 3g enabled device