Miss the old browser

Anyone figure out how to install the old Browser into the lastest Rom yet? Please please someone let me know. Also happy to link the old browers file HERE. For anyone would might know how to make it work.
This is driving me crazy there has to be a way. It installs fine, just FC's when I open it up.
I noticed the new Browers file size is 3x larger than the old one. The old one just looks so clean and runs so smooth. Must have it!

I was able to get the old browser to work by following the instructions in this thread but ONLY with 1.8.19. The only issue I am having is sometimes the browser force closes when I enter a search in the address field. At the moment I find no reason to update, nor will I, until this browser becomes an option.
To be honest, I don't understand the logic...I mean it's so easy to add a browser from the app store like the default one in 1.8.26 but have castrated our ability to install Google's standard browser...at least give us an .apk that will easily install this...

I think there is some change in 1.8.26 which causes the fc's.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miuiandroid.com forum app

1.8.26 has a whole new sound scheme, which was cool. I just can't live with the browser not working so I went back to 1.8.19. My browser2 works flawlessly never FC's, or closes on a search. Friday is just around the corner, I may wait for the next release and see if I can get browser2 to work in that.

Well I updated to 1.8.26 I have pulled browsers going back to the 1.6.x series releases and tried. All FC. Doesn't matter if the replacement browser I am adding is called Browser.apk, or Browser2.apk. I also have tried replacing the browser with the one from CM7 and from a few nightlies with no luck. Something appears to have changed in 1.8.26 that is not compatible with previous builds of the browser. :(

Agree with bringing the old browser back!
I'm using Opera as the default browser for now, but it's not ideal. Tried all the methods suggested in this thread but no luck.
If we cant get a fix for this, unfortunately it's enough to force me back to CM7.

The issue for me has been that voice search would not integrate properly into the browser. In this version you have to his the left < when the browser opens and then hit the right > and your search results are there. Not a deal breaker, just one more step. Hopefully as the rom develops the miren browser will continue to improve.

Crossing my fingers. Maybe there will be a fix in tomorrow's rom.
What is frustrating is that I have miui android apk from older roms, that still works flawlessly, but the browser apk does not.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miuiandroid.com forum app

This new browser is so annoying. slow and it doesn't redirect you to the app like if there is an address the old browser would take you to the maps app instead of the browser. same for youtube...... ARGGG
Going back to 1.8.19 where the browser2.apk works

Anyone experiement trying to get the old browser working on the latest ROM? I'm going to spend 30min trying right now. Please let me know.

Yep. Not working. The actual miren browser on the market works better than the one that comes in the rom

So, I take it we are forced to use the default browser that comes with MIUI and AOSP is not an option this amazes me.

I went back to 1.8.16 where the old browser works.
The new browser has no redirection to youtube or maps, and it takes for ever to load a page
Hope some genius can figure this out.

I went back to 1.8.16 where the old browser works.
The new browser has no redirection to youtube or maps, and it takes for ever to load a page
Hope some genius can figure this out.

Thanks for the heads up, I was on that version but thought it was safe to update .... guess I was wrong smh