Missing band 20 Xiaomi 13 ultra

Chrizl123

Members
Nov 10, 2018
is the missing Band 20 hardware side not present or is it just disabled via software? does xiamoi.eu support Rom Band 20?

Most xiaomi phones you order from china lack B20 (there are some exceptions), wait for the global versions if that's important for you.

Reactions: Chrizl123
I am using mi 11 ultra China Version but it's with band 20. But I read something about it's important for German provider

@Chrizl123 yes, Mi11U was different as also CN version supported B20. Sadly Mi13U CN doesn't support B20.

B20 is used for "area coverage" in Germany, so it's lack can be a nuisance specifically in rural areas, not so much in and nearby cities.

@s3axel
Thank you for your description for the use of b20. Looks like it's not clever to use a china version of 13 ultra. In my city it shouldn't be a problem but I'm sometimes in rural areas and there I wouldn't have network all the time

@s3axel
Thank you for your description for the use of b20. Looks like it's not clever to use a china version of 13 ultra. In my city it shouldn't be a problem but I'm sometimes in rural areas and there I wouldn't have network all the time
Well, it's not all black and white, though.... If you are on Telekom networks you often have B8 that can take over a bit where B20 is missing, plus you have 5G in many locations as well....

So there will definitely be spots without data connection (there is still 2G for calls everywhere), but it's not that often.

Still, as a general solution and if you need to have data connection all of the time, your conclusion is correct ;)