New Missing "setting, sms and updater" app - URGENT

black_buster

Members
Mar 22, 2013
so i dunno what the fack just happened... the next morning i had to discover that i can't open the settings or the sms menu, since it's says the apps r missing o_O also the updater app suddenly disappeared! i'm using M1 with MIUI and i think i have the 3.11.1 build - i can't check since i can't access the settings.

any1 plz have any idea what to do??? this crap is driving me crazy

Connect your phone to adb or install Terminal Emulator from Google Play and run "df" command. Then make a screenshot and post the results.

Wysłane z Xiaomi MI 2

here it is

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-12-07-46-13.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-12-07-46-13.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 229
Well no surprise. You have no space left on /system partition, thats why some random system apps are missing.
For now go back to previous version and wait for next friday till we can strip more from mione builds.
Also I think you're not telling me all. What did you install more except the rom .zip? Any MIUI mods?

But I suggest to just get rid of MI-1 phone. This is the worst device for MIUI v5 as it has very small system partition.

so to which build should i downgrade? afaik i didn't install any other mods, maybe having a 2nd partition with v5 takes too much space

Try to update to 3.11.15

Wysłane z Xiaomi MI 2

ok, so i deleted a few files in the /system folder and got 19MB of free space. i managed to change to the 2nd partition and there i still had sms, settings and the updater app. finally i updated to 3.11.15 and everything seems ok now. thx for your help!