MIUI 10: GPS issues

Sobor

Members
Dec 23, 2016
Hi.
Did someone experienced a drastic worsening of GPS signal connection in MIUI 10? Since the update both Google maps and Waze can not establish GPS connection 8 times of 10, and if they do it takes them dozens of minutes to connect.
Is it possible to improve the situation?

Hi,

I was using Lineage OS 15, and having issues with GPS. I remember when i bought mi MI4C, GPS was OK. Same car, same places... and now no more GPS FIx ! Sometime, i start GPS Test before going in my car, wait for the fix, and it takes several minutes.

After that, i have to place my phone near the car windows to have GPS working.

So i'm installing MIUI 10 (8.7.26) right now to test !

Reactions: Sobor
And I'm waiting for the 8.8.2 'cause the last one was the one that broke the GPS. Anyway if you can please say if there were changes after the installation.

I have issues with GPS too. Yesterday I was cycling whole day and I had running a Road Bike Pro application. Phone consumed a lor of power, hopefully I had a powerbank and I had to charge phone 3 times during the day. Phone was also quite hot, more than usual but the biggest problem was with lagging interface. Everything was working really slugish, event screen unlocking with gesture took ages. After tapping ie. Browser icon, it opened after more then 10 seconds, opening camera app took half minute...

Beside that, I was running last week few times. I use Runtastic PROto track my progress. Usually I have GPS fix after few seconds, but with 8.7.26 I need almost 10 minutes to GPS gets signal. I have mobile transfer always on, but it didn't help.

Hi guys,

Strange i have updated my phone this morning but with the previous version 8.7.26, was no prob for the GPS, i was using Waze during few hours and the fix was done after few seconds as usually and i tried for few seconds osmand+ to update the maps without any problems of positioning (was inside my house when i did update the osm maps).

What i meant was, i never had any problems with the GPS fix, even with the first release of MIUI10, so i don't think it's up to the rom... otherwise i'm very lucky :)

Good luck guys

Hi there, i can confirm after multiple tests, 8.8.3 is working great with GPS. I cant activete it when i'm driving, and it will locate me quite fast (30-45s). No more usefull to put the phone near the windows !

Now i have two others problems i need to solve (but it's not the purprose of this topic :p )

1: I can't remove the vibrations of the alarm.
2: My business gmail account disconnect quite often (using Google device policy).

To me, non problem with the 8.7.12.
I will try the 8.8.3 and the 8.8.9 after.