MIUI 11 MIUI 11.0 STABLE RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it impossible to modify some system in curtana without the device being fastboot mode?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9S mediante Tapatalk
Because this phone has "dynamic partition" scheme.
Google about it for more explanation.

I'm using 11.0.5 on my Redmi Note 9 Pro and have a question about the stock system launcher in app drawer mode.

The frequently used apps at the top of the drawer do not appear to be persistent. After each reboot, (which is sometimes often when helping to test new recovery builds), the frequently used apps are reset back to what looks like a fresh install.

Is this normal behaviour for the launcher, a bug, or an issue with my system?

Just wanted to check in here before contemplating a fresh install.

Why Mi Note 10 LITE ROM has the 'fastboot' in the name of zip file ? How to install this zip image ? Via TWRP or MI Flash in fastboot mode ?

What is the most recent version for the 8T (Willow)?

I am asking as there is one labeled V11.0.7 dated March 2020, an V11.0.4 dated June 2020 and a recent V11.0.5 dated August 2020.

At the moment I have the V11.0.7 from March installed. Won't the V11.0.5 from August somewhat be a downgrade, or why is the version number lower than that of the later upload?

Why aren't we talking about a V12 ROM for RN8T? Are we going to receive it at all? And Android 10?
This one has been announced for August. According to one moderator at the official Mi-Forum, the release has been postponed and no new release date has been mentioned yet.. So we just have to wait some more..

This one has been announced for August. According to one moderator at the official Mi-Forum, the release has been postponed and no new release date has been mentioned yet.. So we just have to wait some more..
This phone has a year, how it it possible to such delay on having MiUI 12?! Very disappointed with Xiaomi, if wasn't for Huawei block from Google, I would certainly change the brand of my phones.. Thank you to XIAOMI EU developers for this new update.

This phone has a year, how it it possible to such delay on having MiUI 12?! Very disappointed with Xiaomi, if wasn't for Huawei block from Google, I would certainly change the brand of my phones.. Thank you to XIAOMI EU developers for this new update.

just be patient... Covid makes some trouble...

Reactions: ddj123
Hi there
Using mi 9t pro with 11.0.8 for 2 days
Having problems with Kiwi Browser, when i go fullscreen, this weird window appears after 2 seconds.
Didn't have this issue when using miui global 10.3.3.
It may be about android 10. kiwi is not being updated for a while but wanted to know if anyone is having this issue other than me.

Last edited:
On Mi Max 3, encryption doesn't work.

There's some vague suggestions that make reference to the modification of /system/vendor/etc/fstab.qcom, but that method makes the Mi Max 3 refuse to boot the ROM, and immediately enter TWRP, which subsequently hangs.

Then you must flash orangefox instead, so that you can wipe or re-flash the eu rom, then flash TWRP again. But in that case - still no encryption!

The combination of a custom recovery and no encryption is devastatingly insecure!

Maybe I missed an FAQ, or a link to such?

Last edited:
On Mi Max 3, encryption doesn't work.

There's some vague suggestions that make reference to the modification of /system/vendor/etc/fstab.qcom, but that method makes the Mi Max 3 refuse to boot the ROM, and immediately enter TWRP, which subsequently hangs.

Then you must flash orangefox instead, so that you can wipe or re-flash the eu rom, then flash TWRP again. But in that case - still no encryption!

The combination of a custom recovery and no encryption is devastatingly insecure!

Maybe I missed an FAQ, or a link to such?
OR flash fencrypt.zip and start from format data/clean install if you want to boot the first time.
Many topics on that MI8/MIMIX2....

flash fencrypt.zip

Yes, I have been reading your comments in other threads in detail.

However, I'm stuck here:
1. What/Where is fencrypt.zip? Do you mean the files you attached in other threads?
2. If I use your fstab.qcom file in your forceencrypt.zip, it comes back with errors.
3. Doesn't your MI8 have a different partition table to my MiMax3? If yes, then if I flash your fstab, my system won't boot.
4. My fstab.qcom doesn't have '=ice', it has '=footer'. When I mount vendor and edit the file in vi, to change /data to have 'fileencryption=ice', the phone won't boot, and even TWRP won't load!
5. I downloaded your forceencrypt.zip, replaced the file with my modified fstab.qcom, and the same thing happens - phone won't boot, TWRP won't boot.

This is the fstab.qcom file I tried to edit by hand (vi) and by flashing inside forceencrypt.zip:
Code:
# Android fstab file.
# The filesystem that contains the filesystem checker binary (typically /system) cannot
# specify MF_CHECK, and must come before any filesystems that do specify MF_CHECK

#TODO: Add 'check' as fs_mgr_flags with data partition.
# Currently we dont have e2fsck compiled. So fs check would failed.

# Non-A/B fstab.qcom variant
#<src>                                   <mnt_point>            <type> <mnt_flags and options>                          <fs_mgr_flags>
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata   /data                  f2fs   nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiscard,inline_xattr,reserve_root=32768,resgid=1065,fsync_mode=nobarrier   wait,check,fileencryption=ice,quota,reservedsize=128M
/devices/soc/c084000.sdhci/mmc_host*     /storage/sdcard1       vfat   nosuid,nodev                                     wait,voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto,encryptable=footer
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc       /misc                  emmc   defaults                                         defaults
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem      /vendor/firmware_mnt   vfat   ro,shortname=lower,uid=1000,gid=1000,dmask=227,fmask=337,context=u:object_r:firmware_file:s0 wait
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/bluetooth  /vendor/bt_firmware    vfat   ro,shortname=lower,uid=1002,gid=3002,dmask=227,fmask=337,context=u:object_r:bt_firmware_file:s0 wait
/devices/soc/a800000.ssusb/a800000.dwc3/xhci-hcd.0.auto*     /storage/usbotg    vfat    nosuid,nodev         wait,voldmanaged=usbotg:auto
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/dsp        /vendor/dsp            ext4   ro,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1                        wait
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cache      /cache                 ext4   nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1                           wait
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist    /mnt/vendor/persist    ext4   noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1                   wait

Last edited:
Just noticed the installation of this rom states quite clearly:

- Removing forced encryption from fstab
- Patching fstabs:
/vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
/system/system/vendor/etc/fstab.qcom

So the ROM is built to disable encryption.
Why does it do that?

Redmi note 7: it me or does miui eu 11 stable (android 10) V2 use battery a bit faster then V1? Installed latest 11 stable and have the feeling I charge more often... Or is there no difference, maybe I'm hallucinating...

Or miui 12 stable is worse?(same?)

Last edited:
Is there any way to modify some system? Or isn't there currently?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9 Pro mediante Tapatalk
Yes but not via TWRP.
install magisk and a good file explorer. give it root right and modify your file.
For safety remove right once finished your mod.
Note: some system apk are frozen for EU purpose. you will not be allowed to modify the rom...

Yes, I have been reading your comments in other threads in detail.

However, I'm stuck here:
1. What/Where is fencrypt.zip? Do you mean the files you attached in other threads?
2. If I use your fstab.qcom file in your forceencrypt.zip, it comes back with errors.
3. Doesn't your MI8 have a different partition table to my MiMax3? If yes, then if I flash your fstab, my system won't boot.
4. My fstab.qcom doesn't have '=ice', it has '=footer'. When I mount vendor and edit the file in vi, to change /data to have 'fileencryption=ice', the phone won't boot, and even TWRP won't load!
5. I downloaded your forceencrypt.zip, replaced the file with my modified fstab.qcom, and the same thing happens - phone won't boot, TWRP won't boot.

This is the fstab.qcom file I tried to edit by hand (vi) and by flashing inside forceencrypt.zip:
Code:
# Android fstab file.
# The filesystem that contains the filesystem checker binary (typically /system) cannot
# specify MF_CHECK, and must come before any filesystems that do specify MF_CHECK

#TODO: Add 'check' as fs_mgr_flags with data partition.
# Currently we dont have e2fsck compiled. So fs check would failed.

# Non-A/B fstab.qcom variant
#<src>                                   <mnt_point>            <type> <mnt_flags and options>                          <fs_mgr_flags>
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata   /data                  f2fs   nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiscard,inline_xattr,reserve_root=32768,resgid=1065,fsync_mode=nobarrier   wait,check,fileencryption=ice,quota,reservedsize=128M
/devices/soc/c084000.sdhci/mmc_host*     /storage/sdcard1       vfat   nosuid,nodev                                     wait,voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto,encryptable=footer
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc       /misc                  emmc   defaults                                         defaults
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem      /vendor/firmware_mnt   vfat   ro,shortname=lower,uid=1000,gid=1000,dmask=227,fmask=337,context=u:object_r:firmware_file:s0 wait
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/bluetooth  /vendor/bt_firmware    vfat   ro,shortname=lower,uid=1002,gid=3002,dmask=227,fmask=337,context=u:object_r:bt_firmware_file:s0 wait
/devices/soc/a800000.ssusb/a800000.dwc3/xhci-hcd.0.auto*     /storage/usbotg    vfat    nosuid,nodev         wait,voldmanaged=usbotg:auto
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/dsp        /vendor/dsp            ext4   ro,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1                        wait
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cache      /cache                 ext4   nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1                           wait
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist    /mnt/vendor/persist    ext4   noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1                   wait
Forget about MI8 Fstab. It is different.
Your mofified Fstab is good to encrypt. It has fileencryption=ice correctly set.
Did you format data? This is mandatory to start the encryption process....

xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote7_V11.0.2.0.QFGCNXM_v11-10.zip..

How do you experience this rom (stable) with battery life compared to previous edition (v1) or even miui 12 stable as the successor..? Mine on RN7, I do have the idea just like miui 12 slight battery drain.. (maybe it's me..)

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.