[MIUI 12.1.2 (Stable)] Magisk can't be directly flashed from recovery

Pheggas

Members
Jul 29, 2021
Hello. After i finally switched to latest stable (due to 9.8.2021), i wanted to simply flash magisk as many users. But instead of flashing magisk correctly and booting into system, my phone appeared in fastboot mode. Later on, i noticed that i don't have recovery and system anymore, but i managed to flash recovery again and boot into it. Next, i repeatly flashed latest stable, formatted data and then i found that magisk has different steps to flash as back then.

I went through the tutorial right there (official magisk github) and noticed that i don't have ramdisk as yes. But many users here have magisk anyway. So i wanted to ask how did you flash magisk? Did you continue the tutorial (even if there is "If your device does not have ramdisk in boot images, Magisk has no choice but to hijack the recovery partition. For these devices, you will have to reboot to recovery every time you want Magisk enabled.") or you found workaround to have it working in all states?

Is it possible to flash magisk (23.0 from your guide) if i have magisk app already installed?

Alright. I uninstalled that previously installed Magisk app and then i flashed your Magisk zip. It works flawlessly! Thank you!

PS: Is it possible to pass safetynet with EdXposed installed?

Is it possible to pass safetynet with EdXposed installed?
I suggest to use LSPosed instead of EdXposed. ;)

But you can pass SafetyNet with Xposed (Rikka) & EdXposed (Riru) magisk modules => Use latests versions and enable "Pass SafetyNet" option in "EdXposed Manager" app (settings). :)

I suggest to use LSPosed instead of EdXposed. ;)

But you can pass SafetyNet with Xposed (Rikka) & EdXposed (Riru) magisk modules => Use latests versions and enable "Pass SafetyNet" option in "EdXposed Manager" app (settings). :)
On the old ROM I used exposed with Riru modules and it didn't help. So far (with only magisk installed, I can pass safetynet in apps if I have magisk hide enabled). Is there something on LSPosed with what I can pass safety net?

Edit: I can pass it ever with magisk hide turned off on that app lol...

On the old ROM I used exposed with Riru modules and it didn't help. So far (with only magisk installed, I can pass safetynet in apps if I have magisk hide enabled). Is there something on LSPosed with what I can pass safety net?
LSPosed is passing SafetyNet by default. ;)

LSPosed is passing SafetyNet by default. ;)
Epic! And, is there any tutorial specific for this device or for xiaomi devices? Or i could use just regular one?

Edit: I just used the regular one. And it really works! I'm passing safetynet without any problem! I had a small issue with my banking app (there's actually 2 required to have full experience. I know, horrible idea but it is what it is... ) But I just enabled magisk hide to that app and it works flawlessly. I have some modules already installed to PSPosed! Thank you very, very much for this level of support!

Last edited:
I did try to follow that guide, i think, but there always are some issues. I flashed the boot image and recovery, but then I bootloop to fastboot. If I only flash recovery, I cant enter recovery, it just enters fastboot for some reason. If I boot normally, after that I can enter only the stock recovery (but funnily enough in this state some apps say that my phone is rooted, even though magisk shows root status as N/A). Maybe there is some issue with old root? I had magisk installed like last year, but then I updated to newest version and didn't bother to root again. I just don't know what is happening

I did try to follow that guide, i think, but there always are some issues. I flashed the boot image and recovery, but then I bootloop to fastboot. If I only flash recovery, I cant enter recovery, it just enters fastboot for some reason. If I boot normally, after that I can enter only the stock recovery (but funnily enough in this state some apps say that my phone is rooted, even though magisk shows root status as N/A). Maybe there is some issue with old root? I had magisk installed like last year, but then I updated to newest version and didn't bother to root again. I just don't know what is happening

and…
unhide magisk by itself and disable the modules before update and use canary or v24.x build of magisk

I don't have root currently. I can't enable or disable magisk modules. When I flash recovery, I get booted straight to fastboot
in my link I have mentioned when it is necassary to flash recovery… did you read it? write in detail what you did