Miui 12 and the beta

gaetan20

Members
Feb 16, 2020
hi, to start, well done for your work, it's great. I followed the announcements of miui 12 which seem promising. I was wondering then if you advise me to install the miui 12 beta as soon as it is released or if it is still too unstable to be used on a main phone.
Good bye.

Sorry for the translation maybe bad, i'm french

Reactions: AlexDellAnd
hi, to start, well done for your work, it's great. I followed the announcements of miui 12 which seem promising. I was wondering then if you advise me to install the miui 12 beta as soon as it is released or if it is still too unstable to be used on a main phone.
Good bye.

Sorry for the translation maybe bad, i'm french
Pas de problème! Vous êtes sur la liste. Dans les premiers.
Question:
- Is your bootloader unlocked?
- Did you make a full backup?
- stay tuned as usual and stop asking.

Gaetan, the rom of miui 12 is in Chinese and not in french or English, for the moment no translation is available. Wait xiaomi.eu rom on is week normally.

Sent from my Galaxy S20 Ultra using Tapatalk

You didn't answer to my question. I've already install xiaomi.eu. my question is: do you advice me to install miui 12 just when it will be avalable or wait the stable?

The beta of MIUI 12 is in chinese and english. I installed it on my Mi 10 for now, since it is not my daily driver.
I will have a look at the behaviors & and maybe install it to my daily driver Mi 10 Pro.
So far it does look really fancy and clear.
Smoothness is there but could need some tuning.
So I could imagine it as a daily driver. But time will tell...

The beta of MIUI 12 is in chinese and english. I installed it on my Mi 10 for now, since it is not my daily driver.
I will have a look at the behaviors & and maybe install it to my daily driver Mi 10 Pro.
So far it does look really fancy and clear.
Smoothness is there but could need some tuning.
So I could imagine it as a daily driver. But time will tell...
Can you tell me if Google apps are installed and context sync is working ?

I didn't install the rom but normally gapps are not installed because google doesn't exist in china. Thats why xiaomi.eu exist at the start i think

Reactions: AlexxWishez
Well, I tried MIUI 12 today on my MI 8. Can't say that I dislike it, but it's still far from perfect of course. I would like to see the implementation of the iOS recents Style, as they showed up in some pictures. The Status bar and the control center, not really sure about that. Sliding down from the left brings the notification center, and from the right, the control center, very similar in style to iOS. There are of course, a few other bits like Dark Mode version 2.0 which is good, but until now, the main issue I encountered was getting the damn MI Recovery installed on the phone.. Arghhh it took me quite a bit to get rid of it, and get back to MiRoom and MIUI 11. Anyway, was worth a try.

Google apps are not preinstalled. But you can install the apk without problems.
What is context syncing?
I work with gapps a lot and I just don't want to do like I done in the past and flash eyes shut down because in too much in hurry as I like to try new stuff out .

I tried the beta but lack of google assistant and not being able to set chrome as default browser along with a couple of other minor things i reverted back to another rom.