Invalid Miui 13 exception keeps showing up

diegoqmp

Members
Mar 14, 2023
I have a Redmi note 11 pro+ 5G and since I've updated it to version 13.0.5.0 I keep having this exception shown lots of times everyday, any advices would be appreciated! Thanks

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider com.android.providers.downloads.DownloadProvider: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: Can't downgrade database from version 124 to 123
at android.app.ActivityThread.installProvider(Unknown Source:446)
at android.app.ActivityThread.installContentProviders(Unknown Source:28)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(Unknown Source:949)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1600(Unknown Source:0)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:774)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Unknown Source:176)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:76)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:138)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:309)
Caused by: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: Can't downgrade database from version 124 to 123
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.onDowngrade(Unknown Source:27)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getDatabaseLocked(Unknown Source:249)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getReadableDatabase(Unknown Source:2)
at com.android.providers.downloads.DownloadProvider.reconcileRemovedUidEntries(Unknown Source:17)
at com.android.providers.downloads.DownloadProvider.onCreate(Unknown Source:140)
at android.content.ContentProvider.attachInfo(Unknown Source:102)
at android.content.ContentProvider.attachInfo(Unknown Source:1)
at android.app.ActivityThread.installProvider(Unknown Source:264)
... 11 more

Since Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G is a MediaTek device, I'm assuming you're not even using our ROM.

It isn't Mtk, and it even came installed with your rom from the shop. I'm currently using the version 13.0.5.0. SKCMIXM, updated it a week ago or so. Codename of this device model is VEUX.

Edit: It came to my attention that this is the Indian version, which comes with the snapdragon 695.

Last edited:
It isn't Mtk, and it even came installed with your rom from the shop. I'm currently using the version 13.0.5.0. SKCMIXM, updated it a week ago or so. Codename of this device model is VEUX.

Edit: It came to my attention that this is the Indian version, which comes with the snapdragon 695.
Oh that explains it. In that case it's a peux, not veux. Anyway, it looks like you actually made a downgrade, otherwise you wouldn't have an issue like that.
You can fix this specific error by clearing app data for Downloads app (the one with package name com.android.providers.downloads, not the other one).
But, if there was a downgrade, there still could be issues with other system apps that you can't see (background crashes), so I would suggest a clean flash.

Reactions: diegoqmp