MIUI 14 Limit background activity even after customization

Bl0ck

Members
Apr 6, 2019
Hey, everybody.
My new smartphone on MIUI 14 restricts background app activity and notifications very severely, even though all restrictions have been removed in settings.
I have over 8 years of experience using MIUI on a daily basis, I have encountered notification issues before, but before they were solved easier and had some logic, but not so now.
I have an app for work that monitors my location constantly, when the app doesn't get my location updated then it sends a notification saying "open the app to update location".
I have removed all available restriction, set a lock, set autostart and other stuff.
And yes, on my old smartphone with MIUI 10 I never got the "open app to update location" notification.
Also apparently for the same reason, I don't get notifications with the sound from the app, only the standard "ring" sound.

It is true that MIUI is very aggressive and terminates apps that are locked in RAM / have autostart / no restrictions.
Try this setting.

It is true that MIUI is very aggressive and terminates apps that are locked in RAM / have autostart / no restrictions.
Try this setting.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, all these steps have already been taken by me except the last one, as I don't have " scenarios", probably because android 12.

No other ides?
It turns out that the basic functionality doesn't work here. And if you need it, you should have bought another phone?

Reactions: xegiie
No other ides?
It turns out that the basic functionality doesn't work here. And if you need it, you should have bought another phone?
thats what I will do, fk this trash software, xiaomi/poco, never again

I read in a forum that the app copy function (changing from an old to a new Xiaomi) makes mistakes. I found a recommendation that says to completely uninstall the apps you want to receive notifications from. Then reinstall them from the Play Store. I tried with my Redmi Note 12 Pro+ 5G (MIUI 14.0.6) and until now it works.
I also found an article that says that Xiaomi wants to release a new OS next xear. They give up MIUI and change to HyperOS.