Miui 8.2 Xiaomi Mi5

I came from previous 8.1.9.0, stable. Yes, checked MD5. After finish, if i try to reboot TWORP says no os installed. Here is a picture of the error

Edit: I rebooted after flash, even it say "no os installed" and it works fine. 8.2 is installed
Yes i have the same problem. Why?

I have problem with "Gallery has stopped working" message. Ofc I wiped cache/dalvik after installation. Any solutions?

Hi from Spain!

Since I updated to the xiaomi 8.2.1.0 NAACNEB China Stable Version a couple of days ago via Updater APP my GPS is not working at all and the life battery is absolutely shorter than before.

¿Anyone can help me? ¿ Any ideas?

Thanks!

The not at all working experience with the Chinese 8.2 ROM worries me quite a lot. I have very big problems with the GPS accuracy and have seen very long fix times with the Global Stable 8.1.4.0 ROM and if the not yet released 8.2 Global version would worsen the GPS quality, that would be really bad.

The Mi 5 is one of the best Mi phones but it seems to be forgotten by Xiaomi what it means to support a flagship phone. Problems do not seem to be addressed with much attention by the company. As if they do not seem to stand behind what they built.

I do not see the point in changing snd introducing new handsets every few weeks and Xiaomi should rather be concentrating on fixing problems with the actual hardware than flooding the market with new hardware (that sometimes also has problems right from the start).

a week update:
GPS: looks ok accuracy 10m. not the best but usable for maps, etc. if you have experienced GPS issue. try factory reset and clean install.
SoT: my SoT is actually around 5 hours. slightly worse than marshmallow. funny thing is gallery is always in the top 3. sometime even no 1. not so sure why. will try to turn off the cloud and see whether it helps.
wifi: the wifi reception is worse than marshmallow. the normal spots normally had 3 bars. but now, i lost the connection to my wifi altogether.

other than that. no complaints. everything works smoothly and better than marshmallow.

I experienced this: the Mi 5 seems to become less accurate with the more satellites it sees. I can get 4 m accuracy, sometimes.

But this changes when more satellites are seen and are used for the calculation. I then end up at 10 m also. Signal reception bars also are in general below green.

But when i then try and test the GPS with the before closed app again, I get 3 m accuracy. This is not very logical to me. It should either always be bad or always be good.

Last edited:
I have update from 8.1.6 to 8.2.1 and gps work but accuracy on satallite is less that on 8.1.6

It's possible fix this? Or wait for new update?

It can only be fixed by Xiaomi themselves but since they di not know how inaccurate the GPS in Europe is, they could not try a fix.

Honestly, I do not believe the Xiaomi developers seem to be very interested in fixing things for people in Europe.

I am going to sell the Mi 5 in a few weeks because of the unacceptable GPS accuracy, the Mi 5s has already been shipped.

Reactions: Daniel V.
It can only be fixed by Xiaomi themselves but since they di not know how inaccurate the GPS in Europe is, they could not try a fix.

Honestly, I do not believe the Xiaomi developers seem to be very interested in fixing things for people in Europe.

I am going to sell the Mi 5 in a few weeks because of the unacceptable GPS accuracy, the Mi 5s has already been shipped.
On 8.1.6 gps work perfect.

Poslano sa mog MI 5 koristeći Tapatalk

But it is still an unofficial version. China stable is still 8.1.6.0.
That's it...I think.

It's possible fix this in 8.2.1? files configuration or other.

Sorry for my bad english :(

Hi,
Xiaomi.eu 8.2.1.0 on Mi5 - I can't turn off spell checker.
I turn the switch off, but once you get out of the setting it turns itself on again (if you re-enter the menu it is switched back on).
Any ideas how to fix this?

I have a problem, lock the phone and when the release is a few seconds, whereas before it was instant

Some people here state that they can upgrade from 8.1.6.0 straight to 8.2.1.0 via updater app. How is that different (and is it possible to do the same) from normal flash via TWRP? The guide in ROMs download page seems to indicate different method.

Some people here state that they can upgrade from 8.1.6.0 straight to 8.2.1.0 via updater app. How is that different (and is it possible to do the same) from normal flash via TWRP? The guide in ROMs download page seems to indicate different method.

When you launch update via Updater app, phone reboots and launchs TWRP. Is the same...

When you launch update via Updater app, phone reboots and launchs TWRP. Is the same...
Alright, safely upgraded from TWRP. I never thought the process will be as straightforward as normal flash. Time to explore the new features.