MULTI Miui 8 Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a question, I have the rom miko v26 and want to test the multi miui8, can you pass me the link to some tutorial? Thanks.

Clock widget not working on virgo
in my virgo work.

9f74945edc243448bbb0cb732703c66f.jpg

Inviato dal mio Xiaomi MiNote LTE MIUI 8 Ver. 6.6.2 by xiaomi.eu

not crash i setting allarm

f596b628a2ce15a91dc660c5d537baf3.jpg

Inviato dal mio Xiaomi MiNote LTE MIUI 8 Ver. 6.6.2 by xiaomi.eu

I don't have this bug on mi4. I use widget from MeeYoul8 Concept theme and it works great

Wysłane z mojego MI 4W przy użyciu Tapatalka

Ok thx

I installed without wipe. Maybe it's a reason. On first version MIUI 8 I don't have this problem

I see you guys have problem with permission manager. The default permission manager is still there in the settings just not visible yet.

There are multiple ways to open it. Two simplest methods shown below:
  1. Using 3rd Party Launchers. If you use any third party lancher like Nova, Apex etc. then its pretty easy. Go to "widgets" select "Activities". Now "Activities" shortcut will open listing all your apps, look for "Settings". Under "Settings" find "Installed Apps" (.Settings$ManageApplicationsActivity) and select it. Once you select it, a shortcut will be created on your homescreen.
    Screenshot_2016-06-02-23-54-00-357_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.png
  2. Using QuickShortcutMaker App. Download & open the app. Under "Activities" find "Settings" & then under settings find "Installed Apps" (.Settings$ManageApplicationsActivity). Tap on it and click Create in bottom right. This will create a shortcut on your homescreen.
Screenshot_2016-06-02-23-54-27-102_com.google.android.packageinstaller.png

Enjoy the old default Permission Manager.

Tried this rom out on my Mi4 with full wipe and was really surprised how it worked. Can't wait for the beta version on 17th of june.

It works perfectly on my Mi3.
First time my phone got 1.3GB free ram after clean runing apps. Awesome!
Thanks Team.

I'm also an ROM developer (XtreStoLite ROM for the Galaxy S5/S6), and I want to report 2 xiaomi.eu specific bugs, that doesn't happen on the original chinese MIUI 8 ROM.

1: The Logcat gets spammed with QCALOG error messages on this .eu ROM (see screenshot), because this ROM has AMAPNetworkLocation apk removed. This apk is part of the Qualcomm network location services.
With this apk installed in the /system/app folder (like on the chinese ROM), then the QCALOG error messages won't happen anymore.

So my advice to @ingbrzy is to include the AMAPNetworkLocation apk with the next update, to get rid of these logcat error messages.

2: My network operator is BEN NL (which is an MVNO operator of T-Mobile NL)
On the chinese ROM my operator gets recognised correctly (as BEN NL) and I'm getting 4G/LTE reception.
But with this .eu ROM my operator gets recognised as T-Mobile NL and I'm only getting 3G/H+ reception (even changing apn doesn't help!)

The solution to this problem: replace apns-conf.xml with the one from the Chinese ROM and delete spn-conf.xml (the spn file also doesn't excist on the Chinese ROM)

Edit: forgot to mention; I have an Mi 5

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-02-22-05-14-875_com.nolanlawson.logcat.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-02-22-05-14-875_com.nolanlawson.logcat.png
    361.1 KB · Views: 403
I have 6.2.2 installed on my Mi5 and Clock does not open, someone has the same problem or someone without this problem on the Mi5?

I have updated it from 6.5.31 without wipe.

cant install vie TWRP, always twrp gives error "cant moung data" etc, cant transfer ROM to phone, cant wipe....installed twrp for miui8 from first post

For me clock is OK!
Try to change sistem language

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-02-22-47-00-382_com.android.deskclock.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-02-22-47-00-382_com.android.deskclock.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 343
Reactions: Stefano131270
Status
Not open for further replies.