Miui 8 For Redmi Note 2

Guys.. Let me tell you that any xiaomi devices hasn't received an advance in android base. If it was consider too old by xiaomi, it probably wouldn't received neither the miui8, like some others phone. I'm still positive that marshmallow will arrive, at the end; of course "Android N", it's a dream. Another consideration, Samsung seems different in developing. Xiaomi devices are the only one that are receiving weekly support and with a larger community behind. It's the major reason that pushed me towards to buy one, also knowing that warrantly can be an issue.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Andoid N is arriving and we are still hoping to receive Marshamallow.... isn't it sad?
And why Mi 3 received android 6 and not the redmi note 2?
Anyway please don't read what I write in the wrong way... I am absolutely happy of my phone, of the community, of the rom... but I am not going to change my phone because the android version is not the last if that is what they want.

I agree zot71,I'm happy too..
the fact that sources aren't released let me think, also on new devices bootloader are blocked. Still, on the first I'm still hoping while on the second one, the reason has been explained, and it's related by the fact that many Xiaomi are fake and exist a lot of sellers unauthorised to do that. If you want you can still unlock the bootloader by showing that's original.
I agree with Xiaomi policy to ensure quality, but first sources and then the mi3 seems to indicate the way. I hope, it will not be, but let's see.. You should also consider that new devices has the priority in updating, so being in late is acceptable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stefano131270
Excuse me... what sources are you talking about? Processor?
Because I read that HTC released on April its new One S9 powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T) processor clocked at 2.2GHz with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of Internal Storage (mmmm... I think I already know this specs :) ) and it runs the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow based HTC Sense UI.
So processor sources have been released....

Reactions: Waqar.UK
Excuse me... what sources are you talking about? Processor?
Because I read that HTC released on April its new One S9 powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T) processor clocked at 2.2GHz with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of Internal Storage (mmmm... I think I already know this specs :) ) and it runs the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow based HTC Sense UI.
So processor sources have been released....
Kernel sources (processor too of course). If you are telling me that HTC has released it then we can be happy too. Nexus and HTC are always the first at receiving new android base,since they own the android project like Samsung. Sorry, I was to an old news.

Kernel sources (processor too of course). If you are telling me that HTC has released it then we can be happy too. Nexus and HTC are always the first at receiving new android base,since they own the android project like Samsung. Sorry, I was to an old news.

ops... silly me, I mean Kernel sources :) That's crazy a phone like that will be sold at 499€!!!
And HTC created the X9 too, same processor Helio X10 and Marshmallow too.
Does that can mean Marshmallow will arrive for us too? :) :)

Reactions: VILLO1988
Andoid N is arriving and we are still hoping to receive Marshamallow.... isn't it sad?
And why Mi 3 received android 6 and not the redmi note 2?
Anyway please don't read what I write in the wrong way... I am absolutely happy of my phone, of the community, of the rom... but I am not going to change my phone because the android version is not the last if that is what they want.
Qualcomm vd Mediatek

Reactions: VILLO1988 and zot71
Qualcomm vd Mediatek

You are right, silly me :)
But the "normal" user buys a phone and usually he/she don't care the processor's brand but just the phone's brand.
So if the "normal" user bought the Redmi Note 2 Prime, newer phone than the mi 3, I think it's normal to ask "why I am on 5.02 when that older phone is on 6.0?" :)

Anyway, Helio X10 kernel sources released... Marshmallow is arriving for us too :) :) :) (HOPEFULLY!!!)

1- MIUI and Android stock (AOSP) is 2 different worlds. So optimization is different between them.

2- We received the last security patch that's the most important thing.

3- what's the real important thing that 6.0 brings, having in mind the difference between AOSP and MIUI?

4- MIUI is the last update for the RN2, so we're receiving the last updates.

Reactions: zot71
In the other hand, tomorrow the dev rom, is the MIUI 8? Because tomorrow is release the global Dev MIUI 8.

1- MIUI and Android stock (AOSP) is 2 different worlds. So optimization is different between them.

2- We received the last security patch that's the most important thing.

3- what's the real important thing that 6.0 brings, having in mind the difference between AOSP and MIUI?

4- MIUI is the last update for the RN2, so we're receiving the last updates.

I agree with you, that is why I am happy with my phone and MIUI and I am not going to change my phone because I don't have the last Android version.
BUT... you are right that MIUI and Android stock are different but MIUI is based on Android so it should follow that path too.
As I wrote before for the "normal" user about Samsung/Xiaomi it's the same talking about MIUI/Android... do you think he/she cares of MIUI version (or security patches) or the Android version?

q: "Hey, what phone do you own?"
a: "I have a Redmi Note 2 Prime"
q: "Hmmm.... wow... sounds interesting! What is the brand? Samsung? Sony? HTC?"
a: "Oh no.. it's a Xiaomi"
q: "What? Xiaomi? HMMMMM... ok ok... what Android version does it use?"
a: "Oh don't care... it uses last MIUI"
q: "Last MIUI? .... ok ok but what Android version? Marshmallow? Nutella?"
a: "ehm... no... it's still on Lollipop"
q: "Really?!?!? Lollipop? It came out so long time ago... why don't you update???"

:) :)
You know, I am kidding, but believe me that those are the typical discussions between "normal" users.

A work colleague has a Zopo Speed 7 with the MTK 6753 SOC, and that has just been updated to Marshmallow. So it can be done and I am betting Xiaomi have far more resources than Zopo. Plus I bet they have sold way more Redmi Note 2's than Zopo have Speed 7's.

Lenovo k3 note , mtk 6752 got marshmallow ages ago . But as has been alluded to , the miui version is more important to xiaomi than the android base ... is it even possible to discern android differences under miui ?

Yes, If I am not wrong tomorrow should come out the first MIUI 8 beta.
MIUI 8 beta for Redmi Note 2 global already exist.

I question if we gonna have a dev (or beta) from Xiaomi.EU and not Xiaomi Global.

I read that the global don't lock the bootloader, but if we flash the global, MI Recovery overwrite the TWRP and I don't wanna to flash TWRP again.

Redmi note 2 did not booting the Rom. Bootloop

Made factory reset and wiped the caches

Flashed the new ROM 6.6.16/17 MIUI 8... evrything has gone perfect and I've 2 more GB free in my internal sdcard.
Until now it's working great.... really fast and less battery drain.

Did u used twrp to flash it zot71 ? If so can u explain the steps pls

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Did u used twrp to flash it zot71 ? If so can u explain the steps pls

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Yes, I selected the package from Updater app, phone restarted in TWRP and installed the new rom.
After first reboot I've restarted again in TWRP to install SuperSU, wiped cache and dalvik and rebooted.
Everything works fine, with root applied too.

I have a problem with miui8. installation fine but when i restart the phone. i have a bootloop. installed again and the same problem.