MIUI based on Android KitKat to come out February next year!

MTT

Members
Aug 5, 2013
"XiaoMi Mi2 and XiaoMi Mi2A are running on MIUI V5 based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean while the HongMi and XiaoMi Mi3 with Tegra 4 are running on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. The Snapdragon 800 XiaoMi Mi3 is running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, which is the latest among all XiaoMi smartphones. How about the Android 4.4 KitKat? The answer is yes.

According to Senior Engineer of MIUI, Sun Peng had confirmed that the MIUI that supports Nexus 5 is coming after the Lunar New Year in next year. In other words, the MIUI based on Android 4.4 KitKat is coming in February next year.

Sun Peng also stated that the stock Android 4.4 KitKat for the XiaoMi Mi2, XiaoMi Mi2S and XiaoMi Mi2A had been created. However, it is still under development progress. Lastly, he added that another Nexus device will get MIUI that based on Android 4.4 KitKat. It could be a Nexus 4 or Nexus 7 (2013).

MIUI is one of the most popular custom ROMs which is developed by XiaoMi. All XiaoMi smartphones are running on the MIUI which is based on different Android versions."

http://gsminsider.com/2013/11/miui-android-4-4-kitkat-february-2014/

Cant access the source (weibo) unfortunately.

edit: damn shouldve posted this in general chat. how do i delete this thread?

Just don't be much exited now. Miui devs told bullshits many times before. You need to wait for official Xiaomi statement.

Wysłane z Xiaomi MI 2

Guess we have to wait and wee.

Samsung and HTC have done much better with their flagship updates this year, and if xiaomi wants to be considered equal with them, they had better get cracking on their updates as well.

Sent from my MI 2SC

http://weibo.com/1782068057/AjTJ0xFSs?mod=weibotime

米2系列用户关心有没有米2系列基于4.4的MIUI。这个很容易推论,Nexus上有基于原生4.4的MIUI,米2系列上有@秋叶随风ivan 的原生Android 4.4,只要把两份代码一合并,那米2系列就有基于4.4的MIUI了。当然,只面对社区发烧友用户,稳定性一定不如出厂的MIUI。
◆◆
@孙鹏_小米
各位Nexus用户。Nexus 5会有官方MIUI支持,时间大概在春节后,按照Google的习性,那时候会有4.4的最终版出来,所以MIUI也是基于4.4的。到时侯还会官方支持另外一款Nexus设备,暂时保密,当然绝对不是Nexus 4。

http://weibo.com/1782068057/AjTJ0xFSs?mod=weibotime

米2系列用户关心有没有米2系列基于4.4的MIUI。这个很容易推论,Nexus上有基于原生4.4的MIUI,米2系列上有@秋叶随风ivan 的原生Android 4.4,只要把两份代码一合并,那米2系列就有基于4.4的MIUI了。当然,只面对社区发烧友用户,稳定性一定不如出厂的MIUI。
◆◆
@孙鹏_小米
各位Nexus用户。Nexus 5会有官方MIUI支持,时间大概在春节后,按照Google的习性,那时候会有4.4的最终版出来,所以MIUI也是基于4.4的。到时侯还会官方支持另外一款Nexus设备,暂时保密,当然绝对不是Nexus 4。
M 2 Series 2 user concerned has no family-based MIUI 4.4 meters of. This is easy to infer, based on there with native Android @ Akiba wind ivan native 4.4 MIUI, m 2 Series 4.4 on the Nexus, as long as a merger of two codes, that there are m 2 Series 4.4-based MIUI it. Of course, only the face of the user community enthusiasts, stability must be better than the factory MIUI.
◆ ◆
@ Sun Peng _ millet
Members Nexus users. Nexus 5 will be the official MIUI support, time, probably after the Spring Festival, according to Google's habit, when the final version 4.4 will be out, so also based MIUI 4.4. Hou also officially supported when other, a Nexus device, temporary secrecy, certainly not Nexus 4.

I heard Xiaomi is going to release their ownOS next year. It will call MiOS. They bought 2 of the domains names mios.com and mios.cn

I heard Xiaomi is going to release their ownOS next year. It will call MiOS. They bought 2 of the domains names mios.com and mios.cn
http://www.gizchina.com/2013/09/09/rumour-xiaomi-mi4-feature-mios-instead-android/

Thats where I read that news, but it's a rumor and if like is being said, they are going international I doubt they will ditch Android completly, or at all. But knowing I do not ;)

As long as they will bring KitKat too my M2S I'm a happy person, I do not see myself buy another Xiaomi phone in the near future because of all the big screens. With all the other companies going for small versions of their flagship devices, really curious about hte LG G2 Mini!

Hopefully they updated camera libs(and didn't do any hacks) so we can get camera fully working on cm10.2 and cm11
Hopefully a good news from xiaomi, hope that this will help you to compile a cm 11 with camera preview working ;)