Miui doesn't allow installing app using network data

P-John

Members
Oct 2, 2013
It occurred to me that I didn't have access to wifi and I really needed to install an app but MIUI says the app size is large and it needs WLAN access. Although I changed the setting to download using network data but still it's not working. I really want to change this setting because I have unlimited network data which I want to use but MIUI prevents me.

Tried to download 1,38mb app from google market. Got told "app is to big, wifi needed". Unchecked "download via wifi", but still no download. "waiting for wifi".
So the problem do exist.

MI2s, ROM 3.11.22

None of China's three providers offer unlimited data, so the developers probably never thought of this situation.

Tried to download 1,38mb app from google market. Got told "app is to big, wifi needed". Unchecked "download via wifi", but still no download. "waiting for wifi".
So the problem do exist.

MI2s, ROM 3.11.22
downloads - menu - settings - file size limit

I believe it's a wrong place for app installing size limit but thanks a lot for your help. Because of not knowing this I missed a train and a bus yesterday because I couldn't download the timetable app :)

Hi im using redmi note. I also had this problem. What should i do? Please advise. Even my facebook cannot connect to the internet using mobile data

Go to the "Security" application. Then click "data usage" and then "restrict". Click the red X for every app you want to enable.

Xiaomi's recent update disabled data for all new apps.