Miui doesn't allow installing app using network data

Discussion in 'Question & Answers' started by P-John, Nov 26, 2013.

1. P-John

P-JohnMembers

Oct 2, 2013
    It occurred to me that I didn't have access to wifi and I really needed to install an app but MIUI says the app size is large and it needs WLAN access. Although I changed the setting to download using network data but still it's not working. I really want to change this setting because I have unlimited network data which I want to use but MIUI prevents me.

2. moderis

moderisMembers

Oct 25, 2013
    Male
    Lithuania
    Tried to download 1,38mb app from google market. Got told "app is to big, wifi needed". Unchecked "download via wifi", but still no download. "waiting for wifi".
    So the problem do exist.

MI2s, ROM 3.11.22

3. Tiltowait

TiltowaitMembers

Oct 10, 2013
    Male
    Businessman
    Wenzhou, China
    None of China's three providers offer unlimited data, so the developers probably never thought of this situation.

4. ingbrzy

ingbrzyXiaomi.eu Multilang leader
    Staff Member

downloads - menu - settings - file size limit

5. P-John

P-JohnMembers

Oct 2, 2013
    I believe it's a wrong place for app installing size limit but thanks a lot for your help. Because of not knowing this I missed a train and a bus yesterday because I couldn't download the timetable app :)

6. Hi im using redmi note. I also had this problem. What should i do? Please advise. Even my facebook cannot connect to the internet using mobile data

7. P-John

P-JohnMembers

Oct 2, 2013
    downloads -> menu -> settings -> file size limit

Nine Zamrina likes this.
  8. Thanks a lot

The only problem left is i cant access fb via mobile data

9. Tiltowait

TiltowaitMembers

Oct 10, 2013
    Male
    Businessman
    Wenzhou, China
    Go to the "Security" application. Then click "data usage" and then "restrict". Click the red X for every app you want to enable.

Xiaomi's recent update disabled data for all new apps.

Share Our Site