MIUI Global 11.0.9 - Home screen regular or with App Drawer

GerardJ

Members
May 28, 2020
Recently bought two Redmi Note8T's (for my wife and myself).
Initially, subject option didn't show on Settings - Homescreen, but after update to MIUI Global 11.0.9 / 11.0.9.0 (PCXEUXM) on both sets, Settings - Homescreen showed the option on my phone, but not on my wife's phone, i.e. on her phone still no possibility to opt for a homescreen with App drawer. Am I missing something? Do I have to Initiate something on my wife's phone first?
Meanwhile, I've noticed that on my Note8T, the System Launcher has been updated twice since about May, 29th, while such an update (of the System Launcher) didn't occur on my whife's Note8T. Stll all update switches are set on 'allow' or something similar.
While still hoping for a better solution, I've installed the 'Poco Launcher' from the Play Store. This launcher offers at least a partial solution: pity that I can't edit the categories, i.e. add or deletes items....

Last edited:
Solved! I also posted this question on the Mi Community - Feedback forum and received a very quick answer with a link to download MIUI System launcher v4.15.2.1499. Installing this APK file 'did the trick'!