Miui Global 8.1.2.0(mbemidi) Stable / Can't Reboot In Edl

Phobos

Members
Jan 22, 2017
Hey everyone!

To make a long story short: I got my Redmi 4 Pro from Gearbest, with fake custom rom obviously. I tried flashing China Dev, then Unlock, then Xiaomi.eu rom using Fast83's toutorial but I got stuck at EDL mode with Mi Flash Tool giving mi 'Can't read from port XX' error.

After way too many attempts, going through all toutorials existing on the web I gave up, as I just couldn't get past that error. So I tried flashing official new MIUI Global 8.1.2.0(MBEMIDI) Stable rom from within Updater app and it worked, but since then my phone cannot go into EDL mode anymore, no matter which way I try. It just reboots as usual. I tried flashing China Dev, China Stable from within the app, but it gives me errors too:

- for China Dev Rom: "Can't verify update, You're allow to flash the newest develop version published by MIUI forum from stable only"
- for China Stable Rom: "Can't verify update, Sorry, flash older version is not allowed"

I tried doing the same with fastboot, but it gives me errors about the device being locked. Oh and obviously I can't unlock bootloader.

Any ideas?

"Please wipe all data in Recovery mode if you want to update to a discontinuous ROM version, or downgrade to an older ROM version using MIUI full ROM pack. Due to the differences in Recovery interface, this method is not applicable to some Redmi MTK devices and devices with locked bootloader."

Seems you gotta get that bootloader unlocked in some way.

Would downgrading to a rom with working EDL, like China Stable 8.0.6.0 (with recovery OTA, which apparently works) and then flashing China Dev with Mi Flash Tool work?

is fastboot working? then you can try the fastboot rom with flash-all script. it will flash everything including modem and bootloader. should fix the issue.
NVM. saw your post. it seems you're stuck with the current rom. try to unlock it somehow.

Last edited: