MIUI in Xiaomi Mi A2?

ahadrox

Members
Aug 15, 2018
Is it possible to use MIUI in Xiaomi Mi A2? It comes with stock android ui. So, is there any miui rom for Mi A2? The device codename of Mi A2 is "jasmine"

Reactions: jabre and tunsfisch
As far as I know the hardware on the MI 6X (which runs MIUI) is identical, however if I understand correctly the way the storage is formatted is different.
I have read that it is possible to change, but not sure if it will work with this firmware.

Links:
  • English:
    To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
    For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
  • Español:
    To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
    For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
  • XDA Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com ... tall-guide-t3844729

Last edited:
I know of ppl who have done it I wouldn't recommend tho I have heard u can't go back to andriod one after u do so.

I see it very commonly people converting to Mi 6x to get MIUI, and it actually works
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a2/how-to/miui-10-install-guide-t3844729/

Some use stock 6x firmware while others use xiaomi.eu rom of 6x

But I see people bricking their devices all the time, Mi flash stuck flashing or failing to flash resulting in a bootloop and a fastboot that no longer works

OR triggering arb by either updating or flashing without deleting the files responsible for changing the arb value so they can no longer go back to A2, and edl will no longer work because it's a 6x now

So my question is, would it be possible for you to take your 6x rom, remove arb and make work with A2 elf files, so if you decide to use an A2 rom, you wouldn't have to go through this dangerous process

It would be awesome if you could do this but I'm just asking if it's possible

I have a MI A2 running Latest Xiaomi.eu rom but I had to convert it to a MI 6X first. But becareful with that, you might hard brick your phone if not doing that right.

Reactions: jabre
It would be unlikely if you can manage to Brick your phone permanently, I went even in the test point path, but all of those methods were practical , easy and full of fun (+ Adrenaline ) to do.

Last edited:
It would be unlikely if you can manage to Brick your phone permanently, I went even in test point path, but all of them practical , easy and full of fun (+ Adrenaline )

I tried i think 10 ways before i converted my mi a2 into 6x..... and it was worth it. Today i use mi 6x

Послато са MI 6X уз помоћ Тапатока