Miui launcher moded

Thxxx bro it's working
Can you know how to uninstall if anyone need to uninstall it (sure not me)
And if we get new update for rom is it well be remove it ??
I will make an uninstall script soon.

Cheers! :cool:

Last edited:
Thxxx bro it's working

If you have a backup, see my post, then you can put this into the zip from geoorg and install it. With a rom update this launcher is history and you have to, install it again.

Geoorg was faster :)

If you have a backup, see my post, then you can put this into the zip from geoorg and install it. With a rom update this launcher is history and you have to, install it again.

Geoorg was faster :)
The installer creates a backup of the original launcher during the installation process.

So flashing the uninstaller removes the modded version and reinstall the original

Thxxx bro it's working
A ROM update will remove the mod
Simply flash the zip again to Install.

This is why i prefer root, with magisk, no need to reflash after ROM update

A ROM update will remove the mod
Simply flash the zip again to Install.

This is why i prefer root, with magisk, no need to reflash after ROM update
Updated post with the uninstaller
Just two more things
- there is few lag in recent menu when tap to open app
- that's option is missed

Attachments

• IMG_20210105_194753.jpg
    IMG_20210105_194753.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 341
Just two more things
- there is few lag in recent menu when tap to open app
- that's option is missed
That option, hide apps option and app vault are added by the Xiaomi.eu devs...i think.

Nothing i can do about that
Same thing for the lag,...from what i see, the launcher is still a work in progress. All the different recents panel animations are not smooth.

Maybe some future version will fix all this

Reactions: EslamLoka
Tried this mod. Looks very nice. But...
  • the MiUi clock/weather widget on homescreen is invisible
  • the swipe left to Google feed isn't available

Hi together, now its working, I had installed another modded MiuiHome.apk to test if TWRP option copy/paste is working.

That was a newer version. I had to uninstall the updates (SystemLauncher) and now its working like a charme :)

Nice mod -> thx EslamLoka

PS: @geoorg: there is a possibility to shrink the photo after copy/paste :)
How to uninstall update of system launcher cause i wan to try your method please ☺️

• How to uninstall update of system launcher cause i wan to try your method please ☺

Hi Eslam,

there are two different topics. It will be a little bit longer description, I hope I have described it in much detail.

Example for topic one:

You have installed an app with the "version 1.0" and then you install an update from this app as example "version 2.0"
Then it is not very easy to install the same app with "version 1.5" -> because it will be a downgrade.

That happend to me as I have installed a new launcher for testing/describe the "TWRP options"
As I wanted to install your version, there was a message like "downgrade not possible / there is a newer version already".

For this challenge there are some workarounds as example:
  • use "customiuizer" and "allow downgrades"
  • go to: "settings/apps/manage apps/systemlauncher" and on the bottom delete updates
After I have deleted the updates, it was possible to install your MiLauncher -> in the example -> "version 1.5"

I think this is not what you need to use for testing the "TWRP options" so here we go with topic two...

Example for topic two:

Now you have installed with the TWRP-ZIP from geoorg your version from MILauncher (in the example "version 1.5")
  • there are no updates to delete to get the original version back - its a modded file
  • a small challenge, because you have already installed this version and you want to test the same version with "TWRP option"
  • you have to install the original version (in the example "version 1.0") which was delivered with the rom from xiaomi.eu
For testing the "TWRP option", there are two possibilities if you have used the ZIP-File from geoorg:
  1. geoorg made a backup: "/system/priv-app/MiuiHome/MiuiHome.apk.bak"
    • use twrp-filemanager and delete "/system/priv-app/MiuiHome/MiuiHome.apk"
    • rename "MiuiHome.apk.bak" to "MiuiHome.apk" and chmod to 0644 (now you have "version 1.0" installed
    • reboot and you have tested the "TWRP option" :)
    • for more testing you can install now your launcher with twrp-filemanger (as I have described)
  2. use the uninstall script from geoorg
    • this script does the steps for you which I have described in the topic 1.
    • it renames the backup "version 1.0" (moves the backup) to the original filename
    • reboot and you should now have the original Mi Launcher delivered by the xiaomi.eu
    • now you can test the "TWRP-option" with your launcher as I have described
Kind regards kater

@EslamLoka: Why do you want to test the "TWRP option" the script from geoorg does the same :)

Small challenge:
If you executed the script from geoorg more then once
the original file (version 1.0) will be gone, because the backup will be the modded MILauncher from you (version 1.5")
but no problem: you can extract the file by yourself from xiaomi.eu rom as I have described here

@geoorg: while backing up, put a timestamp at the end of the backup-filename as example (only a hint)

Last edited:
Reactions: geoorg
@geoorg Best way is a "install/uninstall" process in one zip:
Simply add a condition if "MiuiHome.apk.bak" file exists. If yes, then the script will start the uninstall process. (If no, then it will start the install process with backup).
;)
I'll look into this.
Beautiful suggestion :)

Reactions: katerpanne
Thanks for this, I'll see what i can do.
I really appreciate it.

In german we are saying… das wäre das
i-tüpfelchen.

That means very great helpful script and with some additional lines… wonderful script :)

Especially the delete cache function, good idea!

• Love
Updated to work on a single file.
thanks to @Poney70 and @katerpanne for the helpful suggestions

Twrp flashable zip (installer and uninstaller)

Installer
TWRP_MIUI_Home_mod.zip

Uninstaller
TWRP_MIUI_Home_mod_uninstaller.zip

After flashing reboot.
Might take sometime as cache is rebuilt.
Be patient.

EDIT: no more need for a separate uninstaller file.
The mod takes care of the install, backup and restore on a single file.

Last edited:
Updated to work on a single file.
thanks to @Poney70 and @katerpanne for the helpful suggestions
You can never install the modded version with your current script, you need to replace line 69 and 70 by a simple "else". ;)

Also, you should add this info between line 68 and 69:
Code:
    ui_print_always " "
    ui_print_always "To uninstall the MOD simply flash this zip again..."
    ui_print_always " "

EDIT: Better to use your $BACKUP variable in /tmp/home/busybox commands. :p

;)

You can never install the modded version with your current script, you need to replace line 69 and 70 by a simple "else". ;)

Also, you should add this info between line 68 and 69:
Code:
 ui_print_always " "
ui_print_always "To uninstall the MOD simply flash this zip again..."
ui_print_always " "

;)
Thanks for the feedback, as I don't have a device to test... I'm actually codding blind....lol

I'll make the changes and re-upload ASAP

Hi Eslam,

there are two different topics. It will be a little bit longer description, I hope I have described it in much detail.

Example for topic one:

You have installed an app with the "version 1.0" and then you install an update from this app as example "version 2.0"
Then it is not very easy to install the same app with "version 1.5" -> because it will be a downgrade.

That happend to me as I have installed a new launcher for testing/describe the "TWRP options"
As I wanted to install your version, there was a message like "downgrade not possible / there is a newer version already".

For this challenge there are some workarounds as example:
  • use "customiuizer" and "allow downgrades"
  • go to: "settings/apps/manage apps/systemlauncher" and on the bottom delete updates
After I have deleted the updates, it was possible to install your MiLauncher -> in the example -> "version 1.5"

I think this is not what you need to use for testing the "TWRP options" so here we go with topic two...

Example for topic two:

Now you have installed with the TWRP-ZIP from geoorg your version from MILauncher (in the example "version 1.5")
  • there are no updates to delete to get the original version back - its a modded file
  • a small challenge, because you have already installed this version and you want to test the same version with "TWRP option"
  • you have to install the original version (in the example "version 1.0") which was delivered with the rom from xiaomi.eu
For testing the "TWRP option", there are two possibilities if you have used the ZIP-File from geoorg:
  1. geoorg made a backup: "/system/priv-app/MiuiHome/MiuiHome.apk.bak"
    • use twrp-filemanager and delete "/system/priv-app/MiuiHome/MiuiHome.apk"
    • rename "MiuiHome.apk.bak" to "MiuiHome.apk" and chmod to 0644 (now you have "version 1.0" installed
    • reboot and you have tested the "TWRP option" :)
    • for more testing you can install now your launcher with twrp-filemanger (as I have described)
  2. use the uninstall script from geoorg
    • this script does the steps for you which I have described in the topic 1.
    • it renames the backup "version 1.0" (moves the backup) to the original filename
    • reboot and you should now have the original Mi Launcher delivered by the xiaomi.eu
    • now you can test the "TWRP-option" with your launcher as I have described
Kind regards kater

@EslamLoka: Why do you want to test the "TWRP option" the script from geoorg does the same :)

Small challenge:
If you executed the script from geoorg more then once
the original file (version 1.0) will be gone, because the backup will be the modded MILauncher from you (version 1.5")
but no problem: you can extract the file by yourself from xiaomi.eu rom as I have described here

@geoorg: while backing up, put a timestamp at the end of the backup-filename as example (only a hint)
OMG!!!! That's too difficult for me
I'm a bigenner
I wanted to try, hoping to fix the errors (lag - app volt,,lock screen are missed)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: katerpanne