Miui Lovers!!! **1 Thing you hate about Miui Rom that you would like fixed??**

PdxOregon

Members
Apr 22, 2011
Hello Miui lovers:)

i created this thread to get some feedback of other peoples frustrations of the Miui rom. I am not talking about the occasional crash or usual things that happen with developing rom. I personally love Miui and have been running it on Evo for awhile now. one thing has always bugged me though and seems like it isn't getting addressed in the huge developments they've been having here @ Miui.

Why is it when searching the contacts, the icon that pops up on the left of the search box is a blue slanted contacts icon that also seems smaller? Whatever i do with theme or the newest 4-15-11 update. main icons change but click groups in contacts and search and that small stock blue icon pops up.>

Thank you for reading my 1 small frustration:)
This is not to say anything is "bad" with this rom or insult the developers. so please dont do that.. just maybe one of these great developers will fix your issue that you list. please donate to the Miui-dev site. They do great work and deserve it. Please keep to only 1 problem :)

Better searching of Settings. Actually, it doesn't seem to search them at all (And I have enabled them to be searched)...

Memorize the settings :p

I'm used to the stock rom, and it was always really easy to search settings on it. I did just figure out that it will show settings if I search them correctly, though. Guess that's better than nothing! :D

For example, if I'm trying to search for the wifi settings, I might type "wifi", but that will only suggest "Wifi information". But if I type "wi-", it suggests Wi-Fi Settings. But if I spell out "Wi-Fi", it suggests nothing.

My problems are more "cosmetic" I guess.. Att. To detail is a problem I have. After the search stock icon change... Naked girls dancing around me should also be addressed :)

I hate tapping a contact to call, tapping the number I want to call then having to tap the number again to call. I always put the phone by my ear ready to talk and realize the phone didn't dial yet I have to tap the phone number again.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I hate tapping a contact to call, tapping the number I want to call then having to tap the number again to call. I always put the phone by my ear ready to talk and realize the phone didn't dial yet I have to tap the phone number again.

I do that daily. :/

also if the contact only has one number and you tap on the number it takes you to the contact and then you have to press call to call them

I think I hate this more than my original frustration. I got used to it but its honestly weird you have to tap 2X....

They should improve the theme, make it more minimalistic/cleaner.

Pressing on a contact should automatically call them. It gets old pressing their name and call 2 times.

SMS vibration tweaks (like handcent, user picks vibration density)

EDIT: 4-way reboot option when long-pressing power button. (Instead it brings down notification window for option.)
(No options to reboot recovery or bootloader)

I really hope some developers are reading these. You guys got some great suggestions and could help expand miui to more consumers... Rober24white --ugly a$$ orange indeed...

They need to go back to the blue that made miui different from the rest. Now its just the gingerbread orange every other rom has.

I think I hate this more than my original frustration. I got used to it but its honestly weird you have to tap 2X....

For those having this issue...is it because you use the contact app to call someone?

I mean I just use the dialer, type the name of the person I want, then a single click and it calls them. Plus you even have the option in the settings of the dialer to change the single click to:
- send SMS
- call
- view contact
- "forgot the last option"

Sent from my Nexus S using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Really doesn't have to do with the ROM rather than the page itself. On the ROMs tab at the very top, I believe the cell phones should be in a grid, rather than a list. Much easier to look at.

Also, it would be nice to have a cool homepage, like the official miui page, with the graphics and what not.

I miss the Flashlight toggle. If I am using my phone, I have to turn it off (lock), then unlock, hold Home and even at that it constantly goes off if I move my finger just a bit..

Sent from my ADR6300 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I dislike the new AM/PM design in the statusbar.

I think an on/off toggle switch should be implemented into settings so we can hide it if we so choose.

I hate the search thing and the app switcher. There was no need to screw with that. The app killer is nice j guess but its so slow and the search app isn't as good as the usual one.

Plus there's no way to for back.

Sent from my ADR6300 using the miui-dev.com Forums App