Miui Lovers!!! **1 Thing you hate about Miui Rom that you would like fixed??**

Ability to force phone to use only wcdma network. It's only think I miss from HTC rom.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using the miui-dev.com Forums App

You can access a hidden menu by typing *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer. Look in the phone information tab and the option should be there.

No fix in upgrading from the miui.cn zip files (i.e. 1.4.22 to 1.4.29).

Sent from my HTC HD2 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I hate tapping a contact to call, tapping the number I want to call then having to tap the number again to call. I always put the phone by my ear ready to talk and realize the phone didn't dial yet I have to tap the phone number again.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

yes:+10000

Made an IRC client to go with this thread (just to get all your opinions out)

#miuithoughts

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

i think what pisses me off the most about the rom (and probably the only thing that does) are the dials when trying to set an alarm. i like the idea to use dials instead of just tapping up and down but they are not very functional. u have to scroll awkwardly and it usually just keeps going and then stops randomly; could definitely be cleaned up

To improve the SMS/MMS functionality and create a draft folder in order to stored SMS for same sender as draft and not the last one.
Also to be possible move thread from SMS to favorities

I would like a live stream widget for Facebook and tweeter. Like the stock Rom.
and more widgets.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Vanilla Android does not have live stream widgets for Facebook and Twitter. Sense does, Blur might, and I'm not even sure TouchWiz does. So perhaps you meant Stock HTC ROMs.

Regardless, I have no interest in any of those widgets, as I choose not to use any of those services. I consider myself a rare breed of human that consciously chooses not to use facebook/twitter/myspace/etc.; and one of my biggest peeves is when people whip out their phones to post on their wall/tweet something when I'm currently talking to them. That's a sure fire way to guarantee that I'll never want to strike up another conversation with you again.

One thing I hate is that you can't change the user-agent for MMS. All picture messages I receive are resized by the network because of this. Pictures are so tiny and blurry that they're virtually useless.

O2 uk, HTC Desire.

I think I hate this more than my original frustration. I got used to it but its honestly weird you have to tap 2X....

I just tap the contact and then tap the most recent call in call logs - calls them straight, i.e. saves one tap. Also someone above said it should call a contact automatically if they only have one number - but you might wanna send email or view a note or an address NOT call them. I agree in general though that the contacts app should be better. Say what you like but HTCs contacts layout is pretty cool with diff pages for sms, mail, social, pics, call history. if miui did a version it could rock. *hint hint* :)

One thing I hate is that you can't change the user-agent for MMS. All picture messages I receive are resized by the network because of this. Pictures are so tiny and blurry that they're virtually useless.

O2 uk, HTC Desire.

+1, also using android on some carriers (namely softbank in Japan) requires a custom user agent for mms, otherwise wont work.

Sent from my Nexus S using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I would love to have internet throughport...like in other desire HD latest Roms....ithink its the latest sense feature

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using the miui-dev.com Forums App

i think what pisses me off the most about the rom (and probably the only thing that does) are the dials when trying to set an alarm. i like the idea to use dials instead of just tapping up and down but they are not very functional. u have to scroll awkwardly and it usually just keeps going and then stops randomly; could definitely be cleaned up

I agree, rom shuold use the stock android date picker or the HTC dials (their very polished), but the current date picker isn't convenient to use.

Allow Shorter Wifi Passwords

I would like to be able to enter a WPA/WPA2 PSK wifi password that is shorter than 8 characters! Right now I can't connect to the wifi network where I'm living and I don't have access to the router to change it.

I am really enjoying Miui. There are just a few things that are bugging me so I'll add them to this list:

Landscape rotation support. I have a slide-out keyboard, I like being able to use it.
Contact-specific notification tones for SMS/MMS. Some I want to know when they come in... some I just collect.

At the moment, that's all I can think of. So far this ROM has been my favorite.

After looking over this thread most of my thoughts have been mentioned like weather, re-do of music, and calender events on the lock screen. I would also like all MIUI apps ( I know it takes time to build great quality applications), and possibly a flash light widget.

Although there are a couple things I did not see in this thread. I would like to see the be able to edit the toggles in the status bar menu (Add and get rid of toggles). I would like to be able to have a user friendly way to replace icons in a theme (I sometimes don't like all the icons in a theme), and to be able to zoom in the camera app (Besides that great job guys). The last thing I would like to see is that downloaded apps be automatically directed to a folder because I use a folder to solve the app drawer problem and it works wonderfully.