Miui Lovers!!! **1 Thing you hate about Miui Rom that you would like fixed??**

It would be really great if the launcher home screen could flip to landscape like any other app instead of just being stuck in portrait mode. Most of the time my phone is on its side (except for during voice calls).

Sent from my GT-I9000 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

I would like it if I could adjust the auto brightness settings like in cm7.

Just not quite bright enough in low light settings for my olds eyes

Updated android market would be great, so many apps missing!

I would like the dialer to search ANYWHERE in the company or name fields rather than only at the begining. Right now if I type "sweep" nothing comes up. If this worked te way I want than "Mister Sweeper" and "Bunell Sweeping" would get returned as matches.

My gripes, from a Sony Xperia X10a

I would like the dialer to search ANYWHERE in the company or name fields rather than only at the begining. Right now if I type "sweep" nothing comes up. If this worked te way I want than "Mister Sweeper" and "Bunell Sweeping" would get returned as matches.
Definitely like this. Search should allow partial matches, rather than only whole names.

i rely hate miui dount support custom names on phone numbers in phone book, i haw meny friends whit more then 1 mobile number, so it is rely hell to remember whits mobile number is mobile number to work and home mobile nr i haw over 150 contacts in my phone book
Definitely need to +1 this. Stock ROM, and any other CM-based ROM I've ever used does the same thing. It allows you to customize your number type if you so choose - rather than just Home, Mobile, Work, and Fax. I have some that are old numbers (I renamed them to OBSOLETE), and even for my Google Voice numbers, so if I get people calling me from that, it shows Google Voice - (NAME) or (ACCOUNT).

Those would definitely be my biggest gripes with default MiUI. That and the launcher, but since I use ADW EX, it's not the end of the world for me on that one.

As much as MIUI designers wish that android icons were all plain rounded cubes they are not and the whole UI should be designed around that. If every single app had custom icons it would be fine but with most app icon having a just rounded cube with random colour scheme behind the actual icon it just feels silly and makes many icons really ugly.
Of course this can be fixed by changing the theme but at least so far I haven't found a really good one.

Question for developers - Suggestion/Request

Hey guys,
this post is not about what I hate on MIUI but is more a request pointing to developers ;)

I'm a long time XDA member and also a long time active MIUI user
In my thread over on XDA >>MIUI Development Central for ALL Devices<< what I keep alive and updating. I came across about a request/suggestion from another user.
Here is copy
" 1. Add username and password support|functionality to the proxy feature in settings. Many corporate proxys need these credentials. Without them the proxy is useless in many situations and we need to use external apps like ASProxy
2. Add CPU scaling features in settings. In particular: min_freq, max=freq, governor, and some rules like: charging, screen off, CPU temp >, battle temp >

I think MIUI as a rom would offer a richer featureset with this functionality. "
Here is a direct >>link for the post.
So any chance some1 can mention this to the developers ?
i personally think its may be a good features to add this into the MIUI
Cheers
:cool:

Full screen caller id and FB intergration like HtC Sense...

We already have full screen caller id (see attachment). Just go to Contacts, then Edit, then add photo. Done!!
As for FaceBook integration can't you just install the Facebook App from the market?

I hate the desktop : such a beautiful one the ADW way to get all cleaned and alphabetically and also the pop-up to the market link.
Some minor things in contacts: not possible to set surname first & differenciate first name from double surname, so that many people are in wrong order or I need to type name as surname; using a contact editor from market is unuseful 'cause on one side I correct the dam... thing and on the other the correction is lost reverting to name first.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Many of past posts have been good of what I want to see in MIUI, however there is one thing that makes me personally embarrassed to show off MIUI in public. The iPhone look of the home screen makes me want a different launcher and even then I don't want the squarish icons. What I would like to see is some sort of app drawer, and a icon set that reflects MIUI, but does not have the large icon feel, but the stock Android feel. The app drawer does not need to be like Stock Android, but I had the quick idea of swiping up the dock to open the app drawer. I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I would like standard android emoticons, and the stock file browser to be able to multi select.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using the miuiandroid.com forum app

I get what you are saying... I just don't know if it'll happen. I thought it was kinda the point of MIUI, to make it feel like an iPhone only much much better...

I mean you can always install GO Launcher EX, Launcher Pro, ADW Launcher... :-\

Many of past posts have been good of what I want to see in MIUI, however there is one thing that makes me personally embarrassed to show off MIUI in public. The iPhone look of the home screen makes me want a different launcher and even then I don't want the squarish icons. What I would like to see is some sort of app drawer, and a icon set that reflects MIUI, but does not have the large icon feel, but the stock Android feel. The app drawer does not need to be like Stock Android, but I had the quick idea of swiping up the dock to open the app drawer. I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.

+1

It would be really great if the launcher home screen could flip to landscape like any other app instead of just being stuck in portrait mode. Most of the time my phone is on its side (except for during voice calls).

To fix the rotation lag with custom themes. It is driving me crazy when I have to wait 4 seconds to turn into landscape mode to write a message!

I think the ONLY way I would EVER want an app drawer for MIUI is if it had the slide-up-the-entire-dock feature like you said. That is truly innovative.

But, I think it should be optional, toggle-able.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I would like standard android emoticons, and the stock file browser to be able to multi select.

You can multi-select in the file browser. Just use the check marks next to the files you want to select.

I think the ONLY way I would EVER want an app drawer for MIUI is if it had the slide-up-the-entire-dock feature like you said. That is truly innovative.

But, I think it should be optional, toggle-able.

Why Thank you, I also agree with your statement. My idea is most likely not for everyone, so a toggle would be a fantastic thing to add. I hope the MIUI team considers it, or comes up with another way to do it.

I think I would prefer them to reorganize the settings menu. While I know what to choose somehow it always takes me some time to find the item.

I want the old MIUI theme back. It's looking more and more like stock Gingerbread. Why all the black and orange? MIUI was white and blue, and I liked it for that reason. It was different. I know many people like dark themes, so in my opinion there should be two official themes: dark and light. Dark being like the dark theme we already have, and light how it is now but with even more white (notification bar when not pulled down and not on homescreen, keyboard, etc).

Now, when typing, the interface looks just like stock Gingerbread. The keyboard is the same, the notification bar is almost the same, and there is a lot of orange.

I want the old MIUI theme back. It's looking more and more like stock Gingerbread. Why all the black and orange? MIUI was white and blue, and I liked it for that reason. It was different. I know many people like dark themes, so in my opinion there should be two official themes: dark and light. Dark being like the dark theme we already have, and light how it is now but with even more white (notification bar when not pulled down and not on homescreen, keyboard, etc).

Now, when typing, the interface looks just like stock Gingerbread. The keyboard is the same, the notification bar is almost the same,

and there is a lot of orange.

Themes help =]