Preview MIUI ROM 2.11.23 Preview Changelog (week 116)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? How would it support it? It's android 4.2, ics is not part of MIUI v5 ever.

I think Xiaomi is listening. I hope they drop off all these devices that don't get JB and only focus on MIUI v5.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2
:eek: Dont get mad, Thanks anyweiz

Umm, people seem to be confused. Xiaomi have not said anything about Android v4.2.

Nanana said:
1. MIUI V5 is based on Android 4.1. Devices supported by MIUI 4.1 will all get MIUI V5.
2. The release date of MIUI V5 is not fixed yet. We’re trying our best to do it. When it’s done, it’ll be released. Maybe very soon

to have the December bug fixed? :) only joking

sorry, my fault

As said, there is no mention of MIUI being updated to 4.2. I hope it doesn't for a long time, 4.2 has no significant changes over 4.1.2 - it's like comparing 2.3.3 to 2.3.4. It's a mystery why Google versioned it as 4.2 and not 4.1.3 (maybe a lot of restructured internals that are not visible to end-user).

Does this mean that they will be breaking themes again, like when they went from gb to ics???? :rolleyes:

Why would it? The reason why many themes are still "broken" for MIUI4 is because theme designers are not updating their themes for new framework changes. MIUI4 for Nexus (MIUI4.1) is already Jellybean, MIUI5 will also be Jellybean. Given the differences between MIUI4 for Nexus and other (non-JB) devices, I have a hunch that current MIUI "4.1" for the Nexus devices is like a pre-v5 MIUI.

Please fix the "network operator" and "phone status "for SGS2,
i going out of country next week

As said, there is no mention of MIUI being updated to 4.2. I hope it doesn't for a long time, 4.2 has no significant changes over 4.1.2 - it's like comparing 2.3.3 to 2.3.4. It's a mystery why Google versioned it as 4.2 and not 4.1.3 (maybe a lot of restructured internals that are not visible to end-user).

I think it is the user accounts that made the x in 4.x change. That basically does change quite of code to allow for these new user specific settings/info/features/etc.. Among other features added too.

Reading from the PA devs (for 4.2 builds), its actually quite a mess (buggy) and probably should hold out and stick with the solid roots of 4.1.2 which I think is the 4.0.4 of ICS.

Status
Not open for further replies.