Miui Stable Update With Blocked Bootloader

rencarbone

Members
Aug 30, 2015
Hi, I've just received Mi4s with miui by Xiaomi.eu.eu stable 7.2.5 LAJCNDA. The Updater say there are no updates available but I see that 7.2.8 and 7.3.1 are available!
Since it seems the bootloader is blocked and I cannot go in recovery, how can I update?
Many thanks!

Inviato dal mio MI 4S utilizzando Tapatalk

Ps: if I try to go in recovery I see this:
a76a688d80b2264cb88750fe35df1b23.jpg

I've just tried to update via updater selecting the update package but I get an updater error any help?
825b7c19c1510a234073b8f53978c9db.jpg

32c596e9d7a7e46b2317743eb518f739.jpg

Hi, I've just received Mi4s with miui by Xiaomi.eu.eu stable 7.2.5 LAJCNDA. The Updater say there are no updates available but I see that 7.2.8 and 7.3.1 are available!
Since it seems the bootloader is blocked and I cannot go in recovery, how can I update?
Many thanks!

Instal MISuite app on computer, run Misuite and connect your device in recovery (screen with the wire connected to the phone)
Misuite should find your phone check for update of china stable rom and install it (the latest one)
Sometimes there are problems with adb drivers try different computer, update drivers or temporary disable windows system adb files
After that you can unlock the bootloader officialy asking for permission it should take about one week. With unlocked bootloader you can install xiaomi.eu rom via miflash app (you can easy find tutorial on this forum).

Last edited:
Instal MISuite app on computer, run Misuite and connect your device in recovery (screen with the wire connected to the phone)
Misuite should find your phone check for update of china stable rom and install it (the latest one)
Sometimes there are problems with adb drivers try different computer, update drivers or temporary disable windows system adb files
After that you can unlock the bootloader officialy asking for permission it should take about one week. With unlocked bootloader you can install xiaomi.eu rom via miflash app (you can easy find tutorial on this forum).
Thank you, so I have to move necessarily from Xiaomi.eu stable version to china stable for bootloader unlocking? No way to do it maintaining Xiaomi.eu version?

No, because you can only unlock the bootloader in official china version. And you have to have unlocked bootloader in order to install another xiaomi.eu rom (doesn't matter that you have xiaomi.eu one installed in this case). Ask for the permission now and when you get it go to China rom to unlock, flash twrp and latest xiaomi.eu rom right away.

Thank you, so I have to move necessarily from Xiaomi.eu stable version to china stable for bootloader unlocking? No way to do it maintaining Xiaomi.eu version?

Like said MannyRibo You need official china xiaomi rom to get bootloader unlocked. Unlocking tool will not verify Yours device with different rom.
Yours xiaomi.eu rom is not typical cause has no twrp. It was installed on blocked bootloader via edl command or miflash.
The problem is that xiaomi.eu roms (for example last 7.3.4.0 gemini for mi5) have no option to install from zip file with updater only with twrp. So You can ask or wait :) for enabling option of updating xiaomi.eu with updater app or install china rom, unlock bootloader and install again xiaomi.eu with twrp.

Ok. So, since I am really a dummy on this stuff, where can I find the procedure to install official China Rom? Does it include English language? Installing it I will loose all the data? Once installed, how to install TWRP? Again, thank you for your precious support

Is I wrote before safest way in my opinion is MiPc suite with recovery.
There are different options for example edl mode miflash but for me more risky (bootloop etc)
Find my threads on miui global I can't paste links cause miui global is temporarily closed.

China rom has eng language
Process whipe all data need to make a backup.
Xiaomi.eu rom on unlocked bootloader contains twrp and even if not is easy to install look up this forum

Last edited:
Dear God 1 and all, thank you for your help and patience.
So first I will install China Rom via mi PC suite in recovery. After that I'll unlock the bootloader (I already applied and received permission from Xiaomi): how can I do this? If you can SEND me a link with the instructions I would appreciate it a lot.
Finally, to install the Xiaomi.eu Rom can I follow the instructions ingbrzy sends every week (he says : after unlock install Twrp via updater or fastboot and then the European Rom)? In particular, how use updater to install TWRP (also in this case a link to thread with instructions will be very useful) ? And once I've the Twrp, how install the Xiaomi.eu Rom? Via updater? Could you send a link to a thread with instructions to do this?
I really thank you for the precious support and, considering your experience, may I suggest you write a guide to do all this long procedures? It will b very appreciated by me and a lot of other Xiaomi lover.

How to unlock bootloader first try on stable china rom if not work download and instal via updater app china dev
http://en.miui.com/thread-202290-1-1.html
After unlocking look this forum for zip file rom for yours device
Tutorial on yours device
http://en.miui.com/thread-251450-1-1.html

I found thred how to upgrade xiaomi.eu on redmi without unlocking bootloader but I dont know if it will work with different models
http://en.miui.com/thread-212192-1-1.html
Don't Try It On Redmi Note 3 SD..