In Progress MIUI V4 - SGS2 - Stock Camera Flash

kemmel

Members
Mar 29, 2012
Hi, Im using Galaxy S 2 with ICS 2.3.30,,,, on camera stock app, there is three options to the FLASH, "OFF" "ON" and "AUTO-FLASH", the question is, the "ON" option, shouldn´t works like a torch?? Here it works like the "AUTO-FLASH", I really not understood the differences between them.
Someone can say me if this a bug??

On = Always on, even if it is light outside or where you take the picture.
Auto = The camera will choose if it "wants" to use the flash or not.
Off = The flash will not work even if you are in the dark.

Sorry for asking, but how old are you ? :)

Reactions: iBotPeaches
So, I guess u didnt understant,,,, the option "ON" is not staying always ON, "working like a torch" like i said on first post. The light just flash when I push the button, just like the "Auto", I was more clear now?....I´m 32, wanna chat with me? lol :),

OK,

On = Flash is always on for any photo taken regardless of lighting conditions

Off = Flash will not be used regardless of lighting conditions

Auto = Flash will be used when the light conditions require it to be used.

Simple as that.

I guess that the "ON", the Flash should stay always ON, like a torch,,, I have a app called Camera Zoom that the option ON the Flash stayed fix, the light stay on even before I click the button,... I guess the stock camera works different.

Ooo,, Just one more thing... always when i set the Auto Contrast to ON,,,, then when I get out the app camera and come back in again... the option Auto Contrast get back to OFF, the app never save my last change, and this just happen for the Auto Constrat the other works well.

I asked you about your age because for me it seems like 2 + 3, but it doesn't matter anyway. :) No problem. I don't know to answer to your last question because I just installed this rom yesterday, but good luck finding the answer.

I have the same "problem" as kemmel on the auto contrast not remembering settings, but not sure if its a feature or a bug ?

I have the same "problem" as kemmel on the auto contrast not remembering settings, but not sure if its a feature or a bug ?

I think its a feature. Usually you adjust the contrast one time, and then all future photos you don't.

So Mr. Peaches this is the problem, every time that I get in the camera I have to configure the auto contrast to ON, then when I get out the camera and back later to take more pictures, the auto contrast turn OFF, every time I must to configure it again then again,,, I was more clear now? Tnx for your excellent work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

So Mr. Peaches this is the problem, every time that I get in the camera I have to configure the auto contrast to ON, then when I get out the camera and back later to take more pictures, the auto contrast turn OFF, every time I must to configure it again then again,,, I was more clear now? Tnx for your excellent work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yeah I understand it now. I though it was a slider instead of an AUTO On/Off. I'll look at the XMLs and see if its a simple config option that isn't be set.