MULTI MIUI v5 Multi Lang 3.5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait a second...you saw it from my log or from the source code of the rom? because the last one in the post before is from the english rom not from the multi one...

by the way this is a problem of the language pack then i have to report this to mish of miui italia right?
i can even try to delete these strings via root browser for example?

EDIT: just went back on the 3.4.19 and now works fine the location...this problem is introduced with the 3.4.26 then...
now i'll try to update via updater.apk

Delete BaiduNetworkLocation.apk from system/app... it solved problem for me...

Having two threads with same problem and greatly appreciated help is confusing!
I put in ipotbeaches update last night that seems to not have Baidu and it's still not fixed for me afraid

Having two threads with same problem and greatly appreciated help is confusing!
I put in ipotbeaches update last night that seems to not have Baidu and it's still not fixed for me afraid

updating from the 3.4.19 solve the problem instead a clean install of the last 2 releases create the problem

So are you saying, install 3.4.19 then put 3.5.3 on top?
Any wipe of any kind?
i followed these steps:
1) 3.4.19 via miflash
2) 3.4.19 via updater to system2 (check maps if it work to be sure)
3) boot in system2
4) 3.5.3 via updater on system1
5) boot in system 1 and everything work
6) [optional] install 3.5.3 on system2 via updater to have matches system partitions (stop auto reboot and choose to go to recovery to reboot again in system1 instead of system2)

Reactions: jpenzo and qbert456
Thanks for the detailed post,
Miiflash means I can't try till later as I'm out all day, but I'll report back when I've followed your steps.
Just to confirm is it going to be 3.4.19 from here or miui site?
Thanks again!

Miiflash means I can't try till later as I'm out all day, but I'll report back when I've followed your steps.
Thanks again!
ok perfect!
if it not work (hope for you that work off course) try to delete BaiduNetworkLocation.apk from system/app as told from ingbrzy

the miflash version from here (my mega mirror)
the zip version of 3.4.19 and 3.5.3 from miuiandroid (i can you my mirror ig goo is slow)

PS.
you you don't wast time, skip the xiaomi accoun, and add only the wifi network and once booted the google account to download only maps....adding the xiaomi account take too long if you sync messages etc

EDIT.
thank to iBotPeaches and ingbrzy for the patience and the help =)

i followed these steps:
1) 3.4.19 via miflash
2) 3.4.19 via updater to system2 (check maps if it work to be sure)
3) boot in system2
4) 3.5.3 via updater on system1
5) boot in system 1 and everything work
6) [optional] install 3.5.3 on system2 via updater to have matches system partitions (stop auto reboot and choose to go to recovery to reboot again in system1 instead of system2)

why did you step 2
because when you use Myflash you flash all the M2 partitions (1 + 2 ) so no need to update partition n°2

my procedure is that one for all Xiaomi that i flashed ( 15 phones actually , my family + friends) :

1 - yes use myflash to have a full & fresh installation with the chinese rom 3.x.x
it reboot the system, set up the system to get the desktop
2 - switch off goto RECOVERY
3 - make a FULL WIPE
4 - restart on partition 1 (default one)
5 - install the MIUI UK rom (the ML is that one that i am using) from the ROM update menu
it will install it on partion 2 and restart it
That's all !
and for the next update ( next week) do the step 5 , it will install on partition 1 (and next update will be part n°2 and so on ...)

why did you step 2
because when you use Myflash you flash all the M2 partitions (1 + 2 ) so no need to update partition n°2

my procedure is that one for all Xiaomi that i flashed ( 15 phones actually , my family + friends) :

1 - yes use myflash to have a full & fresh installation with the chinese rom 3.x.x
it reboot the system, set up the system to get the desktop
2 - switch off goto RECOVERY
3 - make a FULL WIPE
4 - restart on partition 1 (default one)
5 - install the MIUI UK rom (the ML is that one that i am using) from the ROM update menu
it will install it on partion 2 and restart it
That's all !
and for the next update ( next week) do the step 5 , it will install on partition 1 (and next update will be part n°2 and so on ...)
cause in some things i'm finicky and I want to be sure that every is ok after 2 weeks with this problem!

and even because from the system2 you can immediatly check if location works without wipe etc...you wipe after the 2 systems are ok and to be sure that everything is ok...several times I took the long way wiping etc and after i discovered that I sil got the probleme >.<

cause in some things i'm finicky and I want to be sure that every is ok after 2 weeks with this problem!

and even because from the system2 you can immediatly check if location works without wipe etc...you wipe after the 2 systems are ok and to be sure that everything is ok...several times I took the long way wiping etc and after i discovered that I sil got the probleme >.<

normaly if you follow this procedure ; all works fine
as i told you the M2 Rom is 99.9 % Ok (yes we have some translations to optimised)

normaly if you follow this procedure ; all works fine
as i told you the M2 Rom is 99.9 % Ok (yes we have some translations to optimised)
yes I know but i I'm both finicky and unlucky then always perform this steps and btw i told what I do not what is the standard procedure ;)

EDIT: i just found a similar problem on the official forum (yes i know don't link the official forum but this can be helpfull)

Thanks again!
forgot everything
I just noticed that even if google maps work fine, using the compass app you will get anyway the wrong location...the only solution (tested now and work) is

so what mean system1 or system2???
edit: GPS dont fix
edit2: SMS activation does not work, continuous ask verification :( for phone location

so what mean system1 or system2???
edit: GPS dont fix
edit2: SMS activation does not work, continuous ask verification :( for phone location
reading your sign you have an unofficial rom cause gnex don't have atm an official rom but only a porting...i'm not surprised about this sort of problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.