Miui8: Stock Apps Removal?

moistbuns

Members
Jul 9, 2016
There's comprehensive guides for MIUI 6 and 7 but removing stock apps for MIUI 8 seems to be uncharted waters - and I've already read of one bootloop from this over at Xiaomi's official forums. I'm just wondering how "integrated" stock apps are in MIUI 8 given that the Settings / System Apps menu is now showing more stock app options.

If anyone knows how possible it is to strip out things such as MIUI Music, Video, Explorer or browser (apps typically replaced by say, PowerAMP, VLC, Solid Explorer and Chrome in my case) then I'd love to hear.

It'd be pretty cool (but probably huge work) if there was essentially an AROMA installer variant for fine-tuning the selection MIUI apps. Like gApps... but miApps. Though I'm guessing stock apps vary wildly across devices and official channels. Realistically though, I'm hoping it might be possible to write a simple custom script to strip out a few of these apps and dependences to flash alongside weeklies.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if understood what you need, but ....Installed apps>Downloaded or Running>on the bottom Defaults