[Mockup] MIUI Calendar (Help for scrolling needed)

What do you think of the MIUI Calendar (widget)

• Its awesome go make it

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • Its so so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What MIUI? Its more sense in a diff color

• Its trash (leave feedback please)

• Total voters

ColdDoT

Members
May 24, 2011
Hello all,

I've been running MIUI for a week now, and i'm really enjoying it. But the problem is i think there are missing some stuff.

MIUI Calendar
MIUI Weather (yes the dev version is fine, but my city isent in there backend)
MIUI Stopwatch/timer

So i decided to make one myself, in the MIUI Theme mindset (inspired by HTC Sense where I'm coming from)

attachment.php

Now the question is, what do you think about this. Is it any good for MIUI. Is it to much HTC Sense like. What should i change? Or is it awesome and go go create the widget (+ later the app itself?)

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

-- Edit
So I've started building this app, and its going just fine. But the problem is the scrollable part. Its not supported by miui. So who has a workaround, or some intel on this problem?

~ColdDoT

Looks pretty damn great, I'd prefer a dark version though... If you know how to do all the app stuff I'd be happy to do some design stuff and perhaps make a dark version, that way we could incorporate both light and dark widgets :D

It looks damn good. Maybe have the option to have a smaller widget as well?

Definitely agree that both, a light and a dark version would be great as well.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

looks great

it looks great, try sugesting it to some inside miui developers, and maybe it could become a part of the rom, who knows ;)

Ok i've been trying to get calendar app working on the emulator. (Very not supported) but that wasent going as planned. So when it just kept on crashing no matter what i did, i went deving on my own phone.

So current result (runnable widget)
20110525_042105.jpg

Thank you all for your support and feedback.
I will make it themed so you should be able to switch easy between themes.

Only bad part atm is that ScrollView isent supported. So i have to find some ways around that.

~ColdDoT

Ok i've been trying to get calendar app working on the emulator. (Very not supported) but that wasent going as planned. So when it just kept on crashing no matter what i did, i went deving on my own phone.

So current result (runnable widget)
View attachment 1743

Thank you all for your support and feedback.
I will make it themed so you should be able to switch easy between themes.

Only bad part atm is that ScrollView isent supported. So i have to find some ways around that.

~ColdDoT

That is nice man really nice, i would like to point out that there has been alot of requests to add ScrollView support to the launcher,
but i am wondering how that would affect the normal usage of the launcher (such as populating the desktop with the apps)

I will ask mark to see if he can get the source for the contacts widget that is already avalible in the rom, as that one has scrollable support in the launcher atm, so could be nice to see how it was done in that one.

4daaad13-0833-629f.jpg

Scrollable is a pain. I wisheid miui would just enable scrollableView.
I think its just impossible atm to make a hack to let it scroll with touch movement......

So who has any experiance on that part, or some intel?????

Sent from my HTC Desire HD

Maybe scrolling is something to add at a later date as even if you do manage to hack something together, it could easily break release after release meaning you would need to find yet another way to get scrolling back again.

I recommend waiting for Miui to add scrolling widget support and maybe that is something Mark and his team could push on but until then just keeping it static and just displaying the next five or so appointments.

I love what you have so far and I hope for a smaller versions (like the default size) as some stage but most of all I wish you goodluck.

On my long trip through seeing if there is a way. I only hit big thick brick walls.
I tried everything (extending current views, using setInt for remote view, @hide, scrollBy)

But then I thought. Well i could make 3 button in the bottom or top (thin):
left button: go back 5 calendar events
middle button: reset to last not yet happened event (as top)
right button: next 5 calendar events

I think that should be possible, what you guys thinking of it

Loving this so far.

I too would love to see a dark themed version; and I also would love to see a monthly view widget and not just an agenda view widget (like in the mockup).

The buttons are a great idea and possibly the easiest to implement, plus you would probably not have to update every single time the developers change something in the launcher/framework code to make it work again (as opposed to hacking in the scrollable function). The LG Calendar Widget (2.1-update-1 floating around XDA) uses this style to change months in monthly view and day/events in agenda view and works without a a hitch. The only problem with the LG Calendar Widget is that it does not actually pull any events from the stock Google Calendar app and actually depends on the LG Calendar app which does not work at all on MIUI.

2vubjgw.jpg
19rrjm.jpg

Loving this so far.

I too would love to see a dark themed version; and I also would love to see a monthly view widget and not just an agenda view widget (like in the mockup).

The buttons are a great idea and possibly the easiest to implement, plus you would probably not have to update every single time the developers change something in the launcher/framework code to make it work again (as opposed to hacking in the scrollable function). The LG Calendar Widget (2.1-update-1 floating around XDA) uses this style to change months in monthly view and day/events in agenda view and works without a a hitch. The only problem with the LG Calendar Widget is that it does not actually pull any events from the stock Google Calendar app and actually depends on the LG Calendar app which does not work at all on MIUI.

2vubjgw.jpg
19rrjm.jpg

that looks amazing, so is that the actual widget from the LG or is that your mockup of the MIUI calendar?

either way i think it suits miui down to the ground and would be a great place to start

that looks amazing, so is that the actual widget from the LG or is that your mockup of the MIUI calendar?

either way i think it suits miui down to the ground and would be a great place to start

It's the actual LG Calendar Widget (that I currently use), not a mockup, but like I stated before, it doesn't pull actual events from the stock Google Calendar app. That's why the event view widget is blank and why there is no different colored dates in month view and incorrectly red colored days as well. Those red dates, they don't correspond to any real holidays; May 5th is red and is the only red date during the entire year that actually is a holiday (per-say).

Here is the apk file:

LG Calendar Widget 2.1-update1

You can either install it or push it to system and fix permissions. It would be perfect if you could use it as your base or even fix it to correctly pull and populate events from the stock Google Calendar app.

I've been using it for months now since I've never found a more elegant monthly view calendar widget that wasn't sense inspired.

Edit: Also, the 12:00:00 AM Tag on monthly view is actually a new issue I've been having for the last 2-3 MIUI versions. It used to display the correct date (i.e. May 25th) when freshly booted and would get stuck on that date even if the day changed on the rest of the phone. It was only really fixable by rebooting once a day to get it to display the correct date; but alas, now it only displays 12:00:00 AM no matter what date or even time of day.

Im having the same 12:00AM issue as you! Pretty irritating really. The widget looks nice though. Personally i only ever us the month view on my calendar widgets but the agenda one on the lg widget is really nice. Maybe brown isnt the best colour to match miui but if it was matching the miui music widget it would look just like sense. Personally i think the music widget needs re-theming too but thats just me lol

Sent from my htc Desire Z using miuiandroid forums app!

I personally love the look of the widget and I don't mind the brown so much as it looks and feels like a MIUI app/widget. Similar to the Notes app/widget; it's polished and elegant.

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of functionality; not to say the widget it not originally functional, but as it stands it's not working properly on MIUI and much of the functionality is broken. If it could be fixed/hacked to work properly, I would be even happier to use this widget (I already do even though it doesn't work 100%).

I do like it a lot, and i will be using it. However it would be nice like you said if we could get more functionality out of it.

52848bae-7295-d5b8.jpg

What are the random days highlighted in red? I dont have any events set on those days.

I do like it a lot, and i will be using it. However it would be nice like you said if we could get more functionality out of it.

What are the random days highlighted in red? I dont have any events set on those days.

I have absolutely no idea what the random days highlighted in red are; I just figured it's a quirk that happens because it's not able to pull event data from the Google Calendar app, but I could be wrong.