[mod] Home 4x6 Grid Size

iRob87

Members
Feb 8, 2015
Hello guys,

I finally managed to bring 4x6 grid size back to MIUI 8 Home screen.

191020swgc5h17b57g5bbl.jpg
To apply this MOD you must have Root on your device. Then follow these steps:
  • Download on your device (you can test it on any Xiaomi device, just let me know if it worked) this file
  • Open Root Explorer (yes, use this File Explorer because this guide is based on it)
  • Go to the path where you downloaded "com.miui.home.zip" file, long press on it to select it, then open Menù (the 3 dot icon on top right) and tap on Rename; remove .zip extension and tap OK to save (so the file will be named com.miui.home)
  • Copy the file to /system/media/theme/default
  • Now let's change permissions: select the file, open Menù on the top right and tap on Authorizations; tap on OCTAL and digit 0644 value; tap OK to save
  • Select again the file, open Menù on the top right and tap on "Change SE Context"
  • Tap on "Select a context from list"
  • From the dropdown menù tap on u:0bject_r:system_file:s0 and tap OK to save
  • Exit from Root Explorer and Reboot your device
  • Enjoy the new layout

Let me know if you appreciated this mod, thank you!

I don't have root explorer, but i have solid explorer with root access, how can i change the SE context in Solid Explorer?

Awesome MOD thnx.. Loaded in my Redmi 2 and it's working like a charm... Thnx a million (y)

Bro wanna ask, i successfully apply this, but im change grid to 5x6 no prob at all, but if i wanna back to normal , how? just delete that file com.miui.home?

com.miui.home

<integer name="config_cell_count_x">6</integer>
<integer name="config_cell_count_y">7</integer>

and

<integer name="config_cell_count_x">6</integer>
<integer name="config_cell_count_y">8</integer>

Attachments

• photo_2017-01-23_21-57-30.jpg
    photo_2017-01-23_21-57-30.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 894
  • photo_2017-01-23_21-57-55.jpg
    photo_2017-01-23_21-57-55.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 861
Hello guys,

I finally managed to bring 4x6 grid size back to MIUI 8 Home screen.

To apply this MOD you must have Root on your device. Then follow these steps:
  • Download on your device (you can test it on any Xiaomi device, just let me know if it worked) this file
  • Open Root Explorer (yes, use this File Explorer because this guide is based on it)
  • Go to the path where you downloaded "com.miui.home.zip" file, long press on it to select it, then open Menù (the 3 dot icon on top right) and tap on Rename; remove .zip extension and tap OK to save (so the file will be named com.miui.home)
  • Copy the file to /system/media/theme/default
  • Now let's change permissions: select the file, open Menù on the top right and tap on Authorizations; tap on OCTAL and digit 0644 value; tap OK to save
  • Select again the file, open Menù on the top right and tap on "Change SE Context"
  • Tap on "Select a context from list"
  • From the dropdown menù tap on u:0bject_r:system_file:s0 and tap OK to save
  • Exit from Root Explorer and Reboot your device
  • Enjoy the new layout

Let me know if you appreciated this mod, thank you!
can u pls say me which theme did u use there ?