Move clock/network speed for notch?

Kilon1

Members
Jun 16, 2017
Hello, first of all I would really say thanks to the devs for their job. I am using a redmi note 7 pro. Now for the question: in phones like mine, with a notch, notifications, clock and network speed are shown on the left side of the notch, while battery and signal bars are on the right. But with just a couple of notifications the left space is filled and there is no possibility to see the notification icons. Is it possible to correct this flawed design by miui, moving the clock and/or the network speed on the right side? there's so much wasted space there! i have tried looking among magisk modules but i haven't find anything...is there something i could do? thanks to everybody who would help me

try change "Simulate display with a cutout" in Developer Options to None or something else

It's already set to none, and the other modes simply increase the height of the bar without any real advantage...

Hello there,

I allow myself to bump this topic as the 'problem' still persists on MIUI 11 (I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro). I'm only able to get a maximum of 1 or 2 real notification icons visible because time display / network speed display / silent mode icon / clock icon take 70 to 90% of the left-space of the notification bar.

Is there a way to move one of these on the right side of the notch, or at least to bring up this matter to the developers ? I don't think it would be a hard thing to add in the MIUI option, the main problem here is to make them know about this ergonomic default.

Thank you very much

Edit: I could also talk about the "Lockscreen Timeout" option which is present on quite every Android devices but not on MIUI, that's a pity as it is a big time saver when you are obliged to lock/unlock your phone frequently