Nov 13, 2012
I just discover that there is not Mi Recovery
but a new one with a strange look

so in fact we can just update form the update app that s all on this phone

ingbrzy

Xiaomi.eu Multilang leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
It's just bootloader... I want to see Recovery... It's CWM or MiRecovery?

~Tapatalk~

Nov 13, 2012
It's just bootloader... I want to see Recovery... It's CWM or MiRecovery?

~Tapatalk~
Dear Ingbrzy
Sorry for my late reply

the REDMI 2 has the same recovery as the others
but you press VOL UP you get the special BOOT MENU

i did the installation of you rom on mi REDMI 2 , from now all is OK except some missing translation in French

my son prefer it than Mi2A, he is my beta tester
i got it Friday and now he wants to keep it

Oct 29, 2014
Dear Ingbrzy
Sorry for my late reply

the REDMI 2 has the same recovery as the others
but you press VOL UP you get the special BOOT MENU

i did the installation of you rom on mi REDMI 2 , from now all is OK except some missing translation in French

my son prefer it than Mi2A, he is my beta tester
i got it Friday and now he wants to keep it
Could you tell us how you flashed Redmi 2? Which custom recovery did you use?

Oct 29, 2014
When going from official english/chinese rom to multi lang it is not needed to perform a wipe? Is it possible to make a nandroid backup with Mi recovery? I always make a backup first on my Note 4G before flashing new version.

I will receive Redmi 2 today.

Jan 23, 2014
When going from official english/chinese rom to multi lang it is not needed to perform a wipe? Is it possible to make a nandroid backup with Mi recovery? I always make a backup first on my Note 4G before flashing new version.

I will receive Redmi 2 today.
On official forum there's a thread on RedMi 2 section about CWM. Probably I'll flash it. If you want to do a Nandroid backup, put CWM.

Acid

Scripting Ninja
Staff member
Aug 20, 2011
MIUI backup will not backup everything, only certain info like contacts and wifi passwords.
And what do you want to backup?
MIUI backup saves almost all user data + apps (with data). Also there's cloud backup.
Moving to like new device is easy with MIUI backup app.

Wysłane z MI4

Jan 23, 2014
And what do you want to backup?
MIUI backup saves almost all user data + apps (with data). Also there's cloud backup.
Moving to like new device is easy with MIUI backup app.

Wysłane z MI4
I understood that he wants to do a Nandroid backup not to pass data from another device but for security of the same device.

Oct 29, 2014
I understood that he wants to do a Nandroid backup not to pass data from another device but for security of the same device.
Correct, I always make nandroid backup before updating, just in case it is a bad update or there are annoying bugs. With custom recovery it is easy to restore old nandroid backup. MiRecovery I think doesn't allow you to backup or restore.

I noticed the CWM topic on official forums, did anyone try it? The guy who posted it didn't test it himself because he doesnt have Redmi 2.

Dec 14, 2012
i just try it not working show me always the bootloader mune

and i try the Temporary boot method and work great for me

using this code

Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img

flax

Members
Jan 19, 2015
Hi there,

can someone tell me if the downloadable ROM V6 - 4.4 "Xiaomi Redmi 2 WCDMA" is compatible with the Redmi 2 4G/LTE?
If yes, why do it is named "WCDMA"?

Thanks

Oct 29, 2014
Hi there,

can someone tell me if the downloadable ROM V6 - 4.4 "Xiaomi Redmi 2 WCDMA" is compatible with the Redmi 2 4G/LTE?
If yes, why do it is named "WCDMA"?

Thanks
There is no Redmi 2 WCDMA version, only 4G. MIUI made a mistake, WCDMA should be 4G, it is good rom.