New Multiple e-mail notification sounds

frcraig

Members
Jun 26, 2018
I don't know if this is a bug with 8.8.9 on my Mi MIX because I hadn't enabled notification sounds on previous ROMS, but with notification sounds enabled using either the gmail app or BlueMail, when the mail server delivers e-mails my phone sounds an alert for each e-mail downloaded. I have "push" set for the frequency but still with my volume of e-mail the server often delivers 10 or 15 e-mails at a time. Even if I enable a simple 1 second alert sound, it goes off 10 - 15 times and sounds like my phone is ringing. It gets the attention of everyone in the room when I just want one simple 1 second sound alert to tell me I have new mail.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a work around? Thanks.

Reactions: Werner1340
I don't know if this is a bug with 8.8.9 on my Mi MIX because I hadn't enabled notification sounds on previous ROMS, but with notification sounds enabled using either the gmail app or BlueMail, when the mail server delivers e-mails my phone sounds an alert for each e-mail downloaded. I have "push" set for the frequency but still with my volume of e-mail the server often delivers 10 or 15 e-mails at a time. Even if I enable a simple 1 second alert sound, it goes off 10 - 15 times and sounds like my phone is ringing. It gets the attention of everyone in the room when I just want one simple 1 second sound alert to tell me I have new mail.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a work around? Thanks.
Yes, I also have alerts for each email. Moreover, I have a double alert. I use the original AOL alert. So if I receive one email, I hear, "You've go ... You've got email." And then I hear a double alert for each email.
Whatever I have tried, I cannot stop the double alert for each email received. It's all, or nothing.

K-9 email
Mi 6
Miui 10, 8.9.13 Beta

Reactions: Werner1340
Same here....:-(. I had to turn off the sound notification and Push mail option. Worked fine 5-6 versions before. Cant remember which one.

Aquamail
Mi Mix 2
Miui 10, 8.9.13

Yes, I also have alerts for each email. Moreover, I have a double alert. I use the original AOL alert. So if I receive one email, I hear, "You've go ... You've got email." And then I hear a double alert for each email.
Whatever I have tried, I cannot stop the double alert for each email received. It's all, or nothing.

K-9 email
Mi 6
Miui 10, 8.9.13 Beta
Still the same in 8.10.11

K-9 email
Mi 6
Miui 10, 8.9.13 Beta
Still the same in latest - Miui 10.3

"Multiple notification" is a Google bug in Oreo. It seems that Google won't or can't fix it. The bug is caused by a second notification layer that Google puts over every app. This concept is broken by design. A lot of apps have to be redesigned for Oreo's notification bulls**t. The "per account notification" of K-9 mail does'nt work any more - there is now a single notification sound for all accounts which comes twice. Messengers like Telegram have a long user list in Andoid app settings to get notifications working as before. Most users are confused with the count of sound settings on different places inside and outside of their apps.

https://www.google.com/search?q=oreo+double+notification+sound