My device is locked with a Xiaomi Account. Does the xiaomi.eu ROM could solve my problem?

Redmiphone

Members
Dec 16, 2019
Hi!, After a factory wipe my Xiaomi phone is locked by a Mi account which is not mine in a screen like this. I'm the only one who used it and I dont know if someone used it (its new but maybe someone did something and I don't, its an old phone). The case is, I tried all even e-mail to Xiaomi and apply forms.

Anyway, I understand that if I install a custom ROM the phone is usable again. I don't have a bootloader unlocked but I was planning on updating with EDL/testpoint with a MIUI 9 so it allows me to enable debugging and OEM unlock so I can unlock the bootloader. My question is:

Does xiaomi.eu ROMs lock the phone again with the MI account protection by asking me to unlock it (like the official MIUI ROM) or it will work just as any other custom ROM?

Thanks!.

xiaomi.eu does not lock your phone. If you manage to unlock it and flash TWRP you are good to go.

xiaomi.eu does not lock your phone. If you manage to unlock it and flash TWRP you are good to go.

That's an Incredibly good notice, because I was looking for something quite stable for daily use for my Redmi S2\Y2 and there is no LineageOS official for it. Although, It's a shame there isn't a MIUI 11 for that model (Xiaomi global stable official MIUI 11 was released recently.

EDIT: I've found the MIUI11 xiaomi.eu version for this model in this repo (is a 32bit ROM tough): https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...lti_HMS2_V11.0.1.0.PEFCNXM_v11-9.zip/download

But It's better MIUI.eu that a bricked phone.

BTW, I forgot to post a picture of the problem but I guess that you know what kind of lock I was talking about. But, anyway, was something like this:

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Well. the question is why your device is locked to a user, who you don't know?
How did you get it? Can't you contact the person who is owner of the account and who obviously owned the device before you?
For cracking the lock I can't help you. I never did this.

Reactions: Igor Eisberg
How did you get it? Can't you contact the person who is owner of the account and who obviously owned the device before you?
And he seems to be completely clueless that Redmi S2 officially has a 32-bit ROM, as if that fact was news. Sounds fishy.

Reactions: trahzebuck
Funny thing, long story. I've the phone (was new not a used one), I have SIM (with the number which is locking the phone) but ID of the Xiaomi account doesn't match mine. I only have one e-mail and Xiaomi account and is not that. I tried to recover an account with my phone number to see what happens and I recovery, as I expected, my account no that blocking my phone. The funny thing is I dont have a recovery phone added to my account and when I try to add it, it doens't allow me cause is already associated with other account (the one blocking my phone I assume) but when I try to recover and account it recovers mine! the one I don't have a recovery phone! :S

That why I said that is not my account and nobody (at least I know) played with my device. I used the Xaiomi recovery forms (they are only available for China, Indonesia, twaiwan not Europe because they ask me for a picture of me holding my personal ID in the form so I pass... and I only can select that my phone was bought on one of those countries and then try emailing to service.global@xiaomi.com and the one in my country too. All generic answers of "try to recovery your account bla bla bla" I submitted pictures of the phone locked, original boxes, IMEI, unlock code on screen bla bla bla... nothing.

I one of those forms, I try to recover the pass of my account by using the phone too but those forms showed me more info (the ID of the unknown account less verbose and I see that there isn't any e-mail associated to it so WTF?, maybe a deleted account or something rare? I do not created any other. If I try to put my email then I see my ID and my e-mail associated, but no phone... as I expected cause that phone is associated to the unknown account. I tried to sent the apply anyway with the info it ask me (IMEI, phone model...) but they sent me an SMS notifying me that They couldn't verify my account (if I look the SMS the unknown account ID digits appear on top, less verbose but still hidden part of it). Something strange happens with my account... I don't know if I explained well...

Of couse in my account in "find devices" I don't have any phone associated with "find device" enabled... is associated in the unknown one probably.

Yeah, quite crazy, so that's why I doing the custom ROM thing. I don't use Xiaomi cloud anyway and this phone is around 2 years old... but is incredible Xiaomi doesn't allow me to unlock it because I have it all but the ID of that unknown account...

EDIT: Other possibility I think of from reading again your post it is that this phone was used in that shop I bought it (a physical one) and locked there cause my sim was bought there I think I cannot remember, was 2 years ago and I don't remember I did my carrier contract there. I wasn't a contract phone though was bought in one payment.

Last edited:
And he seems to be completely clueless that Redmi S2 officially has a 32-bit ROM, as if that fact was news. Sounds fishy.

I know that xiaomi has a 32 bit ROM and Xiaomi.eu released the MIUI unofficial one cause I read it in XDA forums here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/re...ui-xiaomi-eu-rom-stable-miui11v1-0-1-t3992755. I know that has a official one cause I already download it to use test-point meted and flash it from MyFlash but, then, I just realized the problem happens again (the lock thing). I haven't used this phone since maybe one year probably.

Not fishy, fishy it's what happened to me. By the way you can see this case in the official forums (the official way no solved my problem ): https://c.mi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2726265&page=1&extra=#pid13310755

The only thing I can think of, that account is deleted and is blocking my phone and probably was used by one the technicians of two repairs it has.... in two different shops (one of them not very professional some Chinese guys...).

I don't use Xiaomi cloud at least but is annoying that I have the phone, the SIM, the bills of my carrier, the original boxes, all... but something happened with my Xiaomi account because my phone is the one associated to the ID it shows me and If I used at the end I recover my actual account not the unknown one. It's like is deleted and is still associated with my phone (but I don't recall I've created other account at any point :S).

Last edited:
All you can do is go to the shop that you purchased the phone from. Have them sign into the phone with their account and then have them sign out of the phone. Then you will be able to sign in with your info. Flashing a custom rom will not fix this.

Also the device needs to be removed from their google account because of the google account protection.