my Mi-One bricked !! ?

krispuniq

Members
Nov 19, 2011
Hi guys

I think i have bricked my mi-one today after 1 year of ownership ! I dont know what happened, but it just isnt responding to anything. Prior to the brick, i was using 2.12.21 (miui-australia build) with lennox recovery. Been using lenny's roms for 4 months now without any such issues at all.

Today, i was busy with work and battery went very very low, down to 6% when i plugged it in. AFter it charged to 85%, i unplugged and started using, and then i realized all my messaged were gone ! Then i tried sending an sms and that was not saved in the messages either. I thought a restart might fix it up and did a restart.

While the restart begun, it never started the phone to home screen. It got stuck on the miui screen, in a boot loop. after 15 mins, i plugged it onto the charger again and checked that the battery went down to 22%. I charged the phone to full again (while switched off) and then boot into recovery (lennox recovery).

Within recovery, i had installed 2.12.21 again with complete data wipe. AFter that, tried booting and no response. Phone was again in a boot loop, so removed the battery and put it back in, tried a power up, to which the phone didnt respond.

Now, it is not getting into recovery or fastboot or normal boot !! In fact, nothing turns up ! when i plug it to usb, qualcomm drivers install, but nothing happens after that. Cant see a device, no response in my computer etc. So how do i get it into fastboot or reset so i can atleast load something and get it running ?? plz help guys !!!

while phone is off, and unplugged…

hold the power and Volume-Down key simultaneously for 5-10 seconds

that should bring you to recovery, might take a few tries

I've experienced the boot loop you described when i flashed a rom without a complete cache/davlik/data wipe… i was going from official miui to stock ics rom, reflash after full wipe fixed it

Follow the guide in my signature and wire brush the phone it will reset it to factory install.
Probably the fastest and best fix for you since you cant access it properly. :(

while phone is off, and unplugged…

hold the power and Volume-Down key simultaneously for 5-10 seconds

that should bring you to recovery, might take a few tries

I've experienced the boot loop you described when i flashed a rom without a complete cache/davlik/data wipe… i was going from official miui to stock ics rom, reflash after full wipe fixed it

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but the problem is that i m not able to get into fastboot mode or recovery mode also.
I have been trying since yesterday with MiButto + Volume Down + Power for 15 seconds each time, but no luck. Similarly, Volume Up + Power button to enter into recovery also doesnt work.

I have tried with two batteries and same result, no boot at all :(

@Blackstones: your guide is extensive and i have followed it quite a few times earlier when i had to fastboot & wire flash, but this time around even if i need to wire flash using ur guide, the phone is not entering fastboot mode which is a pre-requisite i guess. Any other suggestions or is it something to do with hardware, in which case it is as gud as a paperweight ?

try removing the battery for 10 minutes maybe and see if that helps and boot without the battery and only use wall charger :)
see if that helps when you try to enter fastboot mode :)

try removing the battery for 10 minutes maybe and see if that helps and boot without the battery and only use wall charger :)
see if that helps when you try to enter fastboot mode :)

tried it out buddy.. gave a 30 min gap and tried to power it up with battery & without battery.. either way it didnt power up at all. There is no response for the power button. Could it be a hardware issue ? cos i waited till the last bit of battery before recharging, which i never do usually!!

Is there any other hardware reset for this phone ?

shouldnt be a problem with de-charching the battery till its empty i did it myself becuase i forgot to charge the phone and that was no problems.

The only solution and thought i have is the one you have already tried. use the wall charger with no battery and see what happens and see if you can enter fastboot, but since you already tried this.
You held the buttons you need to hold before you connected it to the power outlet right?

shouldnt be a problem with de-charching the battery till its empty i did it myself becuase i forgot to charge the phone and that was no problems.

The only solution and thought i have is the one you have already tried. use the wall charger with no battery and see what happens and see if you can enter fastboot, but since you already tried this.
You held the buttons you need to hold before you connected it to the power outlet right?

Yes... starting with Mi Button + Vol Down + Power & then plugging it to power once.. next tried it plugging it to USB.. neither of this worked !

So there is no other hardware reset/failsafe button ? this probably my first phone dying within 1 yr of ownership.. feeling very sad abt it already :(

Can you use an USB jig on a Mi1? With a Samsung you can enter the bootloader using a jig if all else fails..

contact xiaomi maybe they have some internal documentation about hardware reset that they dont want everybody to have.
A lot of companies have internal and external documentation :)

Wow, this is scary..

Because we all know, xiaomi users outside china obviously don't have any 'official guarantee' to cover some damage.

Are you sure, you didn't do anything unusual regarding this case? Because I'm also using lennox mod, and my phone still fine.

Did you install any new apps with root permission or anything like that?

Well, i wiped entire data and flashed 2.12.21 on Monday. Later, restored the back up from the backup tool. All the apps are my regular collection and been using the same apps with lennox modded roms for quite some time, atleast couple of months and no issues at all.

I am sure there was nothing unusual except battery running very low and then i connect the charger, realising later that the messages were all deleted. Lets say even if its a virus/malware doing, would it be blocking the mi-one from getting into recovery or fastboot also ? If it can come to fast boot screen once, i think the problem can be solved with a reflash, but the fone isnt responding at all

Virus would normally not wont you to use the phone since the virus wouldn't make any money of you :)
Virus makers these days normally want money not the destruction like before.

If you cant access fastboot at all and it don't respond no matter what you might have ****ed it up really good.

You had a friend that had the same phone? if that try his battery and see what happens.

Not sure why you cant access fastboot, have you connected it to a computer to see what happens? and let it boot from usb when connected to the pc.

you are sure you are holding the buttons needed before you connect power?
Can you turn the phone on with the power button?

Reactions: krispuniq
Virus would normally not wont you to use the phone since the virus wouldn't make any money of you :)
Virus makers these days normally want money not the destruction like before.

If you cant access fastboot at all and it don't respond no matter what you might have ****ed it up really good.

You had a friend that had the same phone? if that try his battery and see what happens.

Not sure why you cant access fastboot, have you connected it to a computer to see what happens? and let it boot from usb when connected to the pc.

you are sure you are holding the buttons needed before you connect power?
Can you turn the phone on with the power button?

I am unable to turn the phone on with power button.. it wouldnt respond at all, however long i hold it pressed.

For getting into fastboot, i press mi button + Vol Down + Power (in that exact order) and then plug in power source/USB, wait for 20 seconds and still nothing happens !!

For the battery, i myself have 3 batteries, all genuine and one desktop charger.. tried all three and no go ! i m not sure what happened with the phone. I was earlier using samsung galaxy S and abused it pretty bad, it was ODINed at least a 100 times and still works fine. The MiOne was probably used very cautiously and still got ****ed up :(

I m planning to visit a local mobile store to see if any damage to the hardware can be checked using their short circuit test or something. If it can get into fastboot for once.. it will be done i guess ! but somehow it isnt responding at all

And the Jelly Bean release comin close is like rubbing salt on my wounds !!!

BTW.. thanks a lot for ur support blackstones

the issue might be that the power button somehow is broken since you cant start the phone using the power buttons.
Since you need to hold the power button, volume button and mi button and hold them while the phone boots the problem is probably the broken power button.

Its the thing that hits me becuase you cant turn it on and its needed to work correct :(
Maybe you can replace the power button but not sure how that works since i now you can replace iphone power button.

i know that inside miui you were allowed to set a new power button button if it was broken or didnt worked correct.
So the issue is probably the power button as i said so search for a replacement button or visist a local phone shop as you said and see if they can help :)
Contact the seller where you bought the phone and maybe they can help you sending it in.

the issue might be that the power button somehow is broken since you cant start the phone using the power buttons.
Since you need to hold the power button, volume button and mi button and hold them while the phone boots the problem is probably the broken power button.

Its the thing that hits me becuase you cant turn it on and its needed to work correct :(
Maybe you can replace the power button but not sure how that works since i now you can replace iphone power button.

i know that inside miui you were allowed to set a new power button button if it was broken or didnt worked correct.
So the issue is probably the power button as i said so search for a replacement button or visist a local phone shop as you said and see if they can help :)
Contact the seller where you bought the phone and maybe they can help you sending it in.

I dont think power button is an issue because, normally when you connect the phone to charger while the phone is off, it will usually display a big battery image with charging percentage, which is not happening in my case. The LED blinks in red color for some time and then goes off totally

there is no battery image displayed or anything... so i guess the power circuit itself is ****ed up on the hardware side !

well i will turn my phone off and check what happens, if it boots and if i cant enter fastboot and other stuff :) just give me a few min and you will get the answer.

But as OldskoolRaver say check with the xiaomi forum its in chinese so use google translate or send xiaomi a e-mail and check what they say :)

Update:
Test 1: do it boot with wall charger: NO
Test 2: do it give me fastboot with wall charger and mi button and volume button and NOT holding the power button: YES what i did was i first held MI button and volume and then connected the wall charger and it gave me fastboot after 1-3 sec
Test 3: Do it give me fastboot with wall charger and NO battery with holding only Mi button and volume: YES. what i did was i first held MI button and volume and then connected the wall charger and it gave me fastboot after 1-3 sec
Info: it shows the power bar when i have the battery in the phone and the wall charger but after some time the screen goes black and you have to re press power to make it show the charging % again.

well i will turn my phone off and check what happens, if it boots and if i cant enter fastboot and other stuff :) just give me a few min and you will get the answer.

But as OldskoolRaver say check with the xiaomi forum its in chinese so use google translate or send xiaomi a e-mail and check what they say :)

Update:
Test 1: do it boot with wall charger: NO
Test 2: do it give me fastboot with wall charger and mi button and volume button and NOT holding the power button: YES what i did was i first held MI button and volume and then connected the wall charger and it gave me fastboot after 1-3 sec
Test 3: Do it give me fastboot with wall charger and NO battery with holding only Mi button and volume: YES. what i did was i first held MI button and volume and then connected the wall charger and it gave me fastboot after 1-3 sec
Info: it shows the power bar when i have the battery in the phone and the wall charger but after some time the screen goes black and you have to re press power to make it show the charging % again.

Tried all three tests and all ended up NO for me :( ! phone does not enter fastboot under any test.

But, when i press Mi-Button + Volume & connect to PC-USB, it installs a Qualcomm QDLoader 908 drivers (everytime i connect) and shows the device in the Mi-Flash Software. If i try to flash anything, it shows an error with parameter (image attached).

I m not sure what that error means, but i guess the fastboot isnt working or something with the bootloader is pretty ****ed up

Attachments

• MiError.jpg
    MiError.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 334
check your settings for miflash and you cant flash unless you are in fastboot mode :(
you must have broken something but not sure what you have broken since you cant enter fastboot mode.
Must be something at the very bottom of the software maybe you have broken.

The only option is probably to contact xiaomi and ask them for help.

hi blackstones,
i am new here and am posting this to catch your attention. i went through your guide about update. i recently bought a xiaomi miV13 ( i guess it is mi 1) that has 4.0.2. it is all in chinese and is not allowing installing any apps (i mean google play based apps) i want to flash english only ROM or some other suitable ROM. i am not able to 'fastboot' the device as there is no 'camera/m key'. it has only volume and power buttons. pressing volume down+ power buttons takes it to an '!' mark and then nothing works. pressing 'volume up+power' takes it to testing mode where only tests can be run. pressing 'volume up+volume down+power' takes it to delayed normal boot . i am not able to make out what is the problem? any help will be appreciated.
thanks a lot in advance

hi blackstones,
i am new here and am posting this to catch your attention. i went through your guide about update. i recently bought a xiaomi miV13 ( i guess it is mi 1) that has 4.0.2. it is all in chinese and is not allowing installing any apps (i mean google play based apps) i want to flash english only ROM or some other suitable ROM. i am not able to 'fastboot' the device as there is no 'camera/m key'. it has only volume and power buttons. pressing volume down+ power buttons takes it to an '!' mark and then nothing works. pressing 'volume up+power' takes it to testing mode where only tests can be run. pressing 'volume up+volume down+power' takes it to delayed normal boot . i am not able to make out what is the problem? any help will be appreciated.
thanks a lot in advance
Are you sure that its real mi 1 not a fake?

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

@nagaraj check the link in my signature, it will help to understand if your phone is original or fake

All m1 and m1s have the Mi button

and if you don't have the mi recovery you have a fake xiaomi