My MI2 will soon be INACTIVATED... Help plz!!

bomtempo

Members
Mar 16, 2013
Hi!!
I live in Brazil and the government soon will block every "illegal" phones in the country... I mean, all phones that are not registered in the country's database will be inactivated. This will be done via IMEI code, so I wanna know if there is a way to change the IMEI of my phone so it could be recognized as a registered model and still to work properly.
Can anyone help me please?

Changing imei is illegal and harder than you think. you will need a special tools the would cost twice as another phone. I suggest to you to sell your phone, and buy another one that you can you use in your country. I m sorry :(

Inviato dal mio LG-V500 utilizzando Tapatalk

@bomtempo
Wrong! Only after setpember 2014 our regulatory agency(ANATEL) will block new phones and new lines activated, so the existing phones and lines are free of risk including my Mi2 and yours of course. You can't force existing customers to buy new phones, but the new ones yes the law will be applied.

Thank you all for replies...

@bomtempo
Wrong! Only after setpember 2014 our regulatory agency(ANATEL) will block new phones and new lines activated, so the existing phones and lines are free of risk including my Mi2 and yours of course. You can't force existing customers to buy new phones, but the new ones yes the law will be applied.

So, my mi2 will be fine, but no more chinese phones for us... too bad.

Thank you all for replies...

So, my mi2 will be fine, but no more chinese phones for us... too bad.
i don't know much about the rule of trading phones, including IMEI. but why the government thinks it is "illegal" and why the phone is not registered in the country's database? is it because the phone doesn't pay tax to get into the country?

i don't know much about the rule of trading phones, including IMEI. but why the government thinks it is "illegal" and why the phone is not registered in the country's database? is it because the phone doesn't pay tax to get into the country?
No because our ridiculous Brazilian government thinks that all chinese and all cheap phones have so bad quality that it's responsable for call drops and other interferences in the telecommunication systems instead of blaming the operators for this. I have so many friends with their iPhones that have more problems than my Xiaomi for the record.

Dextructor, can you answer me this:
If I buy, for instance, a Galaxy S4 ou an LG G2 from Paraguay after september will it work fine?

Dextructor, can you answer me this:
If I buy, for instance, a Galaxy S4 ou an LG G2 from Paraguay after september will it work fine?
This regulation it's only for companies that aren't certified for internacional agencies(Xiaomi will have to be if they like to operate outside of China). So in theory yes they should work.

Eles vão bloquear apenas réplicas, pois imagine para os turistas que tem telefones sem certificação anatel, ficariam todos sem poder usar

Enviado de meu MI 2S usando Tapatalk

Simply sell the phone and buy a local 1.
So... how much would you like for it?
;)