my phone is KO

michele.t

Members
Jan 31, 2013
Hello everyone, I had mi2 for a couple of months and I've never had a problem. This evening it was recharging, I tried to answer a message but the phone stuck on the unlock screen, after some seconds the black screen with white MI logo appeared and it stuck again... after 15 minutes without changes, I decided to try removing the battery but now the phone does not turn on anymore.
I've tried using two different batteries, both partially charged, but nothing changes, the charger works because I tried it with a htc, the only sign of life on the phone happens when I try to connect to the charger after removing the battery, red led appears for a few seconds and then nothing again.
I'm quite anxious, any suggestions?thanks

Did you try entering recovery and boot to system 2? There's no reaction at all when turning on?

Wysłane z MI 2

can you try getting into fastboot mode by holding vol-down and power? also what does the phone do if you plug it into computer does it start charging at least?

I tried both fastboot and recovery mode but nothing happens...and when i plug it into pc nothing happens again, only the red led appears for few seconds if the phone is plugged without battery

The bootloader refuses booting if your battery is at a low charging level( think less than 5%).
The fact your charging led works means your bootloader is working.

Keep the phone connected to charger until the led is yellow or green and then try turning on the phone again.

Reactions: dextructor
Facing a similar problem to this, only my LED light stays on red.
Had it on charge for a few hours now and no luck with the device booting up or anything..

hmmm, I bought 16GB version last week, seem this phone have a same issue like Sony XPERIA Z and Asus PadFone 2. You have to contact where you bought that phone, to replace the new one, It's the only way. Your phone is dead.

hmmm, I bought 16GB version last week, seem this phone have a same issue like Sony XPERIA Z and Asus PadFone 2. You have to contact where you bought that phone, to replace the new one, It's the only way. Your phone is dead.

Just resolved my problem.
Trying out a few chargers and cables ended up getting my phone back to function again.

I use the Nokia high efficiency charger ac 10x
Never had any problems and apparently, it's cheaper to run than normal chargers

Glad to hear that..:) so you changed the charger??

Thanks mate :)

I did try a different charger which relieved my problem. The original charger would make the LED stay on red but wouldn't turn on or anything.
With another charger it was flashing the red LED so I decided to leave it for a bit, and I was able to turn on my phone again :)