Navigation Buttons Are Not Responsive After Putting Tempred Glass Screen Protector

knox69

Members
Oct 15, 2016
Hi

I have some problem with my Mi5 Navigation Buttons. I've bought recently a tempered glass screen protector.
I installed it on the screen and I noticed that navi buttons on bottom of the screen are not as responsive as they were before installation.
I asked my friend, also the owner of Mi5, to test if he has also this problem. I even bought another tempered glass as he has. That one didn't work as well.
As later appeared, after checking the LCD that is used in Mi5 I noticed that I do not have the same model as my friend does:
1. His one is: JDI FHD R63452 J1 CMD PANEL
2. My is: LGD FHD TD4322 CMD PANEL

My question is, what can be done with such problem ? Can it be the ROM problem ? (I had latest Global Stable and now I have latest weekly Global release) Did some of you guys have the same problem as I did ?

Hi

I have some problem with my Mi5 Navigation Buttons. I've bought recently a tempered glass screen protector.
I installed it on the screen and I noticed that navi buttons on bottom of the screen are not as responsive as they were before installation.
I asked my friend, also the owner of Mi5, to test if he has also this problem. I even bought another tempered glass as he has. That one didn't work as well.
As later appeared, after checking the LCD that is used in Mi5 I noticed that I do not have the same model as my friend does:

My question is, what can be done with such problem ? Can it be the ROM problem ? (I had latest Global Stable and now I have latest weekly Global release) Did some of you guys have the same problem as I did ?
Panel type is not the cause. Maybe you're unit is a faulty one. If you tried different type of tempered glass and it does not work the only issue should be hardware. What ROM do you have?

sent from my Mi5

Yes, I tried 3 different types, the effect is always the same.
Yes the faulty hardware can be the problem here as well. I found another person with this LCD panel experiencing the same issue as I have.
My ROM: Global weekly 8.6.10.13
I am wondering how can I prove this fault, I mean without tempered glass it works..

Yes, I tried 3 different types, the effect is always the same.
Yes the faulty hardware can be the problem here as well. I found another person with this LCD panel experiencing the same issue as I have.
My ROM: Global weekly 8.6.10.13
I am wondering how can I prove this fault, I mean without tempered glass it works..
Yes, but that still doesn't mean that it's caused by panel type. I don't know what to suggest you, maybe cutting the tempered glass (a bit awful I know)..
Try finding more and more people, maybe posting on official forum.

sent from my Mi5

I have the same problem, the same LCD panel and the same ROM. If I put on silicon case on the Phone, the navigation buttons didn't work completely.

I have the same problem, the same LCD panel and the same ROM. If I put on silicon case on the Phone, the navigation buttons didn't work completely.
A silicon case? How does this cover your buttons?

sent from my Mi5

So I made some tests, I bought the same tempered glass as my friend has and put it on the screen. I recorded some video to show the problem:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com.u.28145173.demo.mp4
(replace dot after "com", "u" and 73 with slash and add https)
On the left side you can see my friend's model, it works good. On the right side my own device. You can see that those buttons don't work at all. Once I pick the phone to the hand and try really hard to tab them they sometimes work.
Here are the equipment details:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com.u.28145173.2016-10-18%2008.31.54.jpg
(replace dot after "com", "u" and 73 with slash and add https)
I also noticed that once I connect the Xiaomi charger the buttons are working, once the charging is finished all get back to the way it was.
This is so annoying, I don't think it should work that way.

Really i have the same problem! When I pick the Phone to the hand and connect the charger. It's not normal.

Could it be that your tempered glass is misaligned/defective? I slapped a tempered glass cover and a clear TPU case on this baby the moment I got it on the store, and haven't had any problem whatsoever with it. Just for reference, my tempered glass cover has cutouts for the proximity sensor, earpiece, front camera and home button.

Really i have the same problem!.
When I return to the official (stable or developer), the buttons work properly.

Hi

Try to launch the Hardware Test app to calibrate and test the hardware by dailing the following from the dailer.

* # * # 64663 # * # *

maybe it fixes your problem

With the official versions of Miui work correctly.

I installed the new version 6.10.27 and now work, but if I install earlier versions of xiaomi.eu stop responding.

Thank you.