Touchscreen responsivity issue

DarrianCZE

Members
Oct 27, 2019
Hi,

yesterday, I've bought Xiaomi Mi 11, and applied Panzerglass tempered glass protector.

However, right now, I have a very noticeable issues with touchscreen responsivity. It misses my touches or gestures very often. For example will not react to me tapping on an icon, etc.

Currently running stock rom, but thinking about flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM.

Does anybody here have the same issue? This is the first time I have encountered anything like this when having tempered glass protector. For example, my previous Mi 9 was not doing this when having tempered glass protector.

Hi,

yesterday, I've bought Xiaomi Mi 11, and applied Panzerglass tempered glass protector.

However, right now, I have a very noticeable issues with touchscreen responsivity. It misses my touches or gestures very often. For example will not react to me tapping on an icon, etc.

Currently running stock rom, but thinking about flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM.

Does anybody here have the same issue? This is the first time I have encountered anything like this when having tempered glass protector. For example, my previous Mi 9 was not doing this when having tempered glass protector.
Did you remove the stock foil prior applying the glass protector?

I guess you have now double Layer protection

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

Reactions: 4fun20
Did you remove the stock foil prior applying the glass protector?

I guess you have now double Layer protection

Of course I did :D

Also in the meantime, I have enabled the visualization of my input via the Debug options, and the display is truly not picking up some of my touches.

Of course I did :D

Also in the meantime, I have enabled the visualization of my input via the Debug options, and the display is truly not picking up some of my touches.
If there is no additional foil applied to protect the protection It seems you need another manufacturer as I never had such issues with my phones, bad quality I suppose?

Sorry man :)

I think this is a general issue with these phones, I hear a lot of people even without screen protectors having issues with touch sensitivity, and there is no setting to increase it like Samsung has... Something Xiaomi should look into

Hi,
please don't forget how these screens work.
Sometimes the fingertips are so dry that they become bad electrical conductors.
In my case the screen of my ultra pics up a lot of false inputs and meanwhile i am pretty sure it's because the left and right edges of my fingertips are very dry while the center is normal moistured.

According to tempered glass screen protectors, some models don't have a complete layer of "glue" on one side which creates an airgab between the screen protector and the screen. Even when the screen protector has a full layer of glue on all phones which have a curved screen it needs just a few micrometer offset application and the phones screen doesn't respond correctly. I had it on the mi11 too with the tempered glass screen protector tradingshenzhen is selling for it.
It was that bad that i removed it.
For my ultra i use a good case with the ringke dual wing foil protector. It's not perfect but better than nothing.

Hi,
please don't forget how these screens work.
Sometimes the fingertips are so dry that they become bad electrical conductors.
In my case the screen of my ultra pics up a lot of false inputs and meanwhile i am pretty sure it's because the left and right edges of my fingertips are very dry while the center is normal moistured.

According to tempered glass screen protectors, some models don't have a complete layer of "glue" on one side which creates an airgab between the screen protector and the screen. Even when the screen protector has a full layer of glue on all phones which have a curved screen it needs just a few micrometer offset application and the phones screen doesn't respond correctly. I had it on the mi11 too with the tempered glass screen protector *************** is selling for it.
It was that bad that i removed it.
For my ultra i use a good case with the ringke dual wing foil protector. It's not perfect but better than nothing.
I actually put the same one on myself, it's ok but still the screen either way is not as good as Samsung in terms of response

I actually put the same one on myself, it's ok but still the screen either way is not as good as Samsung in terms of response
I wouldn't sign that, my guess is (for myself too) that we have to dry skin on the hands