NCUNLCOCK?

I'm wondering, if you get your phone unlocked by services like ncunlock, can they implant a virus and take over your phone or get all your data/passwords?

I'm wondering, if you get your phone unlocked by services like ncunlock, can they implant a virus and take over your phone or get all your data/passwords?
I am not sure how their unlock method works on a core level, but I suspect it's the same as most other and you will have to factory reset the phone after it has been unlocked.

While theoretically possible to install something in the low level firmware, I suspect if you have such skills you are an NSA level hacker and most likely don't care about trivial things like some random persons phone.

Reactions: Meteorrain
I am not sure how their unlock method works on a core level, but I suspect it's the same as most other and you will have to factory reset the phone after it has been unlocked.

While theoretically possible to install something in the low level firmware, I suspect if you have such skills you are an NSA level hacker and most likely don't care about trivial things like some random persons phone.
Yeah that was my thought also. But yeah, gotta be careful since youre granting access to your phone to a stranger.

Yeah that was my thought also. But yeah, gotta be careful since youre granting access to your phone to a stranger.
Caution is always healthy. I am more hesitant because of the time it takes. If I could pay and 2h later it was unlocked fine, but 1-3 days. That is a long time to be without a phone for me at least.

Caution is always healthy. I am more hesitant because of the time it takes. If I could pay and 2h later it was unlocked fine, but 1-3 days. That is a long time to be without a phone for me at least.
Unlocking takes about 30 min. 1-3 days is just waiting for an opening to unlock the phone, it's not the duration needed for the unlocking process.

Happy to hear this. Can I ask you. did you update the phone to latest CN rom? Did the background processes improve of apps? I now use stock dialer and sms apps, thinking to switch towards Google's.
Yes, but the latest version is a little old by now (Feb.?). To deal with background processes manage apps individually; or disably the miui management app [com.miui.powerkeeper]; or disable system optimizations from Developer settings.
Android Auto requires a stub in the system folder now. Only way to get it on CN rom is to gain root and add the stub. I suspect an rights elevation exploit might be the only way but I guess updates might break that so remember to disable updates after adding the stub.
My impression was that the AA stub is installed by default on HyperOS (with the Google Framework Services). AT least it was on my phone (after a factory reset). I know this because AA was one of the first updates I got from Google Play, and when I checked the default version it was under 1MB. But the limitation remains. (In fact, on my car AA starts and disconnects.)

Unlocking takes about 30 min. 1-3 days is just waiting for an opening to unlock the phone, it's not the duration needed for the unlocking process.
Instructions says to connect it to a PC in fastboot mode, give him ultraviewer credentials and he will unlock it in 1-3 days. So you can't just go about your day as normal just get it done in 30 min when you have time.

My impression was that the AA stub is installed by default on HyperOS (with the Google Framework Services). AT least it was on my phone (after a factory reset). I know this because AA was one of the first updates I got from Google Play, and when I checked the default version it was under 1MB. But the limitation remains. (In fact, on my car AA starts and disconnects.)
You can navigate to the location and it's empty. I still have locked bootloader on my CN X14 and I had to manually install the android auto app but it just connects and returns "unsupported device" on the headunit and on the phone it's the red screen saying not supported android. If you restored backups maybe it installed the android auto app automatically?

You can navigate to the location and it's empty. I still have locked bootloader on my CN X14 and I had to manually install the android auto app but it just connects and returns "unsupported device" on the headunit and on the phone it's the red screen saying not supported android. If you restored backups maybe it installed the android auto app automatically?
Strange, I remember finding the AA stub - and I did not restore. But maybe my memory fails me.

I'm not trying to advertise, but I happened to use this service. In fact I got my Xiaomi 14 unlocked about half an hour ago. Guys from a telegram group for the Xiaomi 14/14 Pro recommended this service to me so I used it. It was done via Teamviewer and the process was rather fast, all I had to do was enter fastboot mode with the button combination and the guy did his job.
Saw you on GSMArena, YouTube now here lmao

Not Xiaomi 14 , but same hyper os and china mainland device k70 pro unlocked today with help if ncunlock. He did it when I was sleeping, I stayed for him run pc, remote soft and connected phone in fastboot. Perfect service.

Last edited:
Okay, here is my personal experience with NCUnlock.
So first to know... He is a kind of reseller for the service of a Xiaomi technician.
He was friendly but very limited in expression (at least in English)
So after contacting him via Telegram, which he responded very quickly,
he gave me the same To-Do´s as on the website. (I don't want to violate any rules, so I don't post any links)

Then after preparing my phone
-Typing several times OS - build number in system in All Info Screen in settings
-Enabling developer option this way
-Entering developer option via Additional Setting in the lower end of the normal settings screen.
-In Developer option OEM-Unlocking switch to the right (blue=on/activated)
-And also USB-Debugging switch to right (on)
-Then powering down the phone and after that right into
-Fastboot menu with (powered off phone) holding Volume down+Power Button for 3-4 sec....... et voilà Fastboot Menu

If you don't know how to set up fastboot on your PC, I strongly recommend reading and understand these basic threads fully before you may damage your phone.

Okay, to cut a long story short... I had to wait for 16h with my phone in fastboot and my PC on, connected via VPN and remote desktop.
So I spend the waiting time to inspect if any network activity was on my PC. (No up or download during the whole time!)
As soon as the Xiaomi technician was online with his server, I got my phone unlocked within 2–3 minutes...

So my conclusion:

Was it worth to pay $85 to get my Mi 14 Pro unlocked? - Yes. for me it was worth it.
Even this or these Xiaomi technician raised their prices very fast from $30 to $85. o_O
Would I do it the same way again? - Also yes.... I'm a nerd ;-) and i cannot live without this great ROM on my Xiaomi phones.

Do I recommend this service?
Yes and No.
Yes in general, because you can get your phone unlocked in a blink of an eye, if you have a lucky timing and $85 to "waste"
No, because I would advise anyone to take a blank laptop without any personal data on it for this job.
Just to make sure, if someone would like to steal or place something from or onto your PC.
And if you have bad luck you can have your phone in fastboot mode laying next to your PC for 2 or 3 days....

Don't get me wrong.
I'm not promoting, and I had a very exhausting time (16h of watching my PC after I was already awake for 12h+)
Because I don't trust any stranger with remote access to my PC.
And of course don´t forget to uninstall Radmin VPN and Ultraviever Remote Desktop after the job is done.
But I have reached my goal and have now my favorite ROM xiaomi.eu in the latest beta on my Mi 14 Pro.

So, I'd like to say thank you guys for your hard and incredible work to providing the best ROM for my Xiaomi phones since the days of my Mi 8.
I think you guys get much more flaming and criticism than "our all" appreciation and thankfulness.

I hope I could bring some light in the NCUnlock topic.
And like to encourage every one of us users to say a big thank you to the developers here on Xiaomi.EU
Before we start to complain about something ain't working perfectly... or how long it takes to fix something....

So Ladies and Gentlemen stay polite, be thankful for this great community and may the unlocked bootloader be with you ;)

Last edited:
On April 12 I had to pay 85 USD to unlock a Xiaomi 14 Pro
Fortunately, it worked and it only took 30 minutes and I didn't have to wait for the server to open, It was immediate as soon as I contacted them.

I hope they soon find another method to bypass this thing that Xiaomi has come up with