Need Backup of Xiaomi MI3

Mubbu

Members
Sep 3, 2014
Hi,

I got my Xiaomi MI 3 in india, soon after it arrived i fell in love with it..

I was more excited on the miui 6 and had downloaded the developer rom from miui web site

But it was giving me errors stating the orange part of the screen should not be covered and i had a matt screen guard on it. it was very irritating and wanted to get rid of it

S0 i downloaded

http://en.miui.com/download-101.html#334 ROM for india, ever since then whenever i connect the USB i got errors that the android.media ( not sure on the exact message ) has stopped working.

and continuous prompts that the browser has stopped working.

I went into the recovery mode by using the updater app and at first i wiped the user data and rebooted with the latest update.

I had issues even after rebooting.. after a long struggle i decided to go with a complete data wipe. which i did. and post that the miui 6 is working fine.

I want my old rom as if i got from flipkart as a fresh device

I have also tried the chinese ROM

http://en.miui.com/download-101.html#164 which is for china

this also crashes..

Both the ROMS give me an issue that they cannot catch the mobile network and crash every few minutes ..

I am on 4.8.29 now which looks stable but turn down is camera app .. Is it possible to go back to the old camera app which i got with the stock ROM

Please help

Last edited:
The thing with "don't cover the orange part" it is not an error. You could have just disable "prevent pocket dials" from settings and you would have been good to go. It kept appearing because you had a matte screen protector.
You cannot install on v6 the camera from v5. You can use another app. For example, I use Lenovo supercamera which is even better than the camera from miui v5.

The thing with "don't cover the orange part" it is not an error. You could have just disable "prevent pocket dials" from settings and you would have been good to go. It kept appearing because you had a matte screen protector.
You cannot install on v6 the camera from v5. You can use another app. For example, I use Lenovo supercamera which is even better than the camera from miui v5.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, but when i go back to the stock ROM from india or china, it gives me errors on browser stopped working, camera stopped working, and android.media stopped working ..

as mentioned earlier miui6 is fine the moment i revert back to the old ROM , every thing stops working .

Remember that i deleted the user and main data from the recovery ..

Also i cannot find lenovo super camera in app store

Any inputs ..