Network Error Trying To Unlock The Bootloader

ValeDelu

Members
Dec 1, 2016
Hello, i'm having some problems unlocking my redmi 4 pro. I got the unlock sms, i download the unlocking tool but i get network error when i try to log in, i was trying Yesterday all day and today with the same result. There is a problemi with my network or with mi database or something like that? I have done everything correctly: installed the china Developers rom, activated oem unlock from Developers options, activated mi find fixed the fastboot driver in Windows 10. How can i fix this problem ?

For all who are waiting for unlocking permission, you don't need to.
I bought my redmi 4 pro from geekbuying and it came with preinstalled google play and semi mutlilingual (fake) Miui global 8.0.5.0.0(MBECNDG)

btw I did this using linux and I used adb from Flashtool.net and no sim card in the phone.

As I still needed root so I tryed to unlock using fastboot :

First enable developer options by clicking on miui version in about phone menu
Go to Systems & Device > Additional Settings > Developers options
allow oem unlock and usb debugging
connect to the computer and allow access
turn off device
hold vol down and power - device reboots to fastboot
fastboot oem device-info
fastboot oem unlock-go
fastboot oem device-info < again, to check if its unlocked
restart device

Redo the setup and use browser : supersu.com /download
get Recovery Flashable.zip

now download en.miui.com /thread-412204-1-1.html twrp to the computer
and follow the instructions how to install twrp.
Twrp started in chinese use, settings menu is second up from the right and last tab is language.

Flash supersu

You know that can get your device bricked right? Because you didnt patch the boot.img file, you just went ahead and used the unlock-go command on the factory boot img and that will mostly get your device bricked. That method is only to be used on patched images, which for the redmi4 pro still dont exist

EDIT: If the only thing you want to do is to flash the stock rom from a fake rom or the chinese dev rom, the correct way to do it using a locked bootloader is turning on EDL mode (adb reboot edl) and flashing like always through miflash since it is a qualcomm phone and bootloader locking pretty much doesnt affect it for flashing roms since we have download mode as well as fastboot

Can anyone confirm (or deny) that unlocking the bootloader using command "fastboot oem unlock-go" is actually dangerous. I found this on the internet www . teamsuperluminal . org /forums/topic/unlocking-mi4c-bootloader-cant-be-this-easy/ People wrote here that they had unlocked their Mi4Cs with fake MIUI using this simple method.

I can confirm it shouldnt be applied (I dont even know if it works) with the recent xiaomi bootloader locking policy. That method worked last year before xiaomi decided to lock their bootloaders completely

It is dangerous, you can install supersu and twrp this way, but don't flash any non official roms.
Also don't try to install xposed, it didn't work for me.

After xposed made my phone bootloop I installed unofficial global and ended up with "bricked phone" left only with fastboot or black screen (qualcomm diagnostics interface QUSB__BULK 9000E) and couldn't turn off the phone.

I made deep flashing cable - usb cable where you can short GND and D+
Deep-FLash-Cable-Architecture-680x318.jpg

Connected phone to the computer (don't short the cables yet), used "fastboot reboot" to restart phone.
Quickly shorted GND and D+ for a few seconds, then windows installed HS-USB QDloader 9008 driver and I could use Mi Flash to restore the phone, this time to the china developer rom (fastboot version ends with .tgz) with clean all and locked options.

I was quite happy with fake global, twrp and supersu, pity xposed ruined it.

Last edited:
Thank You guys for your quick answers. Now I know that the short way is definitely the wrong way.

1) Make sure you have the latest version (http:// en.miui.com/unlock/download_en. html)
2) Make sure you run the unlock tool as Administrator. If you do not, you will get an "Unable to Unlock - Unknow Error"