New Here, Need Help

flyhightosky

Members
Mar 27, 2016
Hi all, I just bought redmi note 3 1 week ago, and currently using 6.3.24 China Dev ROM, I found that the battery draining is horrible, and there are some guys in reddit introduce this forum to me for finding some good roms.

Anyone using MTK version for Redmi Note 3 and didn't feel much bad towards battery draining?

For my phone, the battery goes down 1% in 5 minutes, even just normal browsing, that shouldn't suppose to be as I check through so many threads, so which rom should I flash it?

Thank you very much.

PS: I had read sticky thread and there are a lot of list which makes me quite confuse, since they are 2 different versions of redmi note 3 too, and sorry for my bad english.

You only got the phone for a week. A battery calibration is not what you usually do with a new phone. As for installation of the xiaomi.eu rom, first backup data which needed. Unlock your bootloader (I assume it's locked), install custom recovery (twrp) and flash rom. Please check the forum on what differences between stable and weekly are.

You only got the phone for a week. A battery calibration is not what you usually do with a new phone. As for installation of the xiaomi.eu rom, first backup data which needed. Unlock your bootloader (I assume it's locked), install custom recovery (twrp) and flash rom. Please check the forum on what differences between stable and weekly are.

Is there any difference on battery usage for eu roms and cn roms?

And about my battery usage history, there is an 'awake' status keep running all the time, is this normal?(I saw others history awake normally is running together with screen-on

Last edited:
Well, under the hood the xiaomi.eu roms use the base from china developer roms. But due to removed and/or added functions and features (for example all the Chinese crap we can't use, it's taken out in xiaomi.eu roms), I would say yes there will always be a difference in battery usage just because there are different system apps the other one doesn't have. If the battery usage becomes better or worse for you after installing the xiaomi.eu rom I can't tell. But only one way to find out.

T
Well, under the hood the xiaomi.eu roms use the base from china developer roms. But due to removed and/or added functions and features (for example all the Chinese crap we can't use, it's taken out in xiaomi.eu roms), I would say yes there will always be a difference in battery usage just because there are different system apps the other one doesn't have. If the battery usage becomes better or worse for you after installing the xiaomi.eu rom I can't tell. But only one way to find out.

Ok, thanks mate, will flash eu roms later on, and my bootloader is unlocked, but I'm quite afraid to do flashing and my phone become bricked if anything goes wrong.

No need to be afraid. When your bootloader is already unlocked all that rests is installing twrp and flash the rom. As long as you flash the right rom made for your device it should go just fine. And since you only have the phone for a week I guess you don't really have anything to make a backup of as well.

Reactions: flyhightosky